Jeff Griener
Brian Hutley
John Kirkman

10th
Brian Hoag 4.444
Wyatt Hoag

Rikker99
06-14-2011, 12:39 AM
So what was the consensus about the fishing at the Green Peter derby? Were there a lot of fish caught?? Thanks RP

salmonriverjohn
06-14-2011, 09:42 AM
So what was the consensus about the fishing at the Green Peter derby? Were there a lot of fish caught?? Thanks RP

Good question! slow, hot, dead? The results posted are good, but how about a little filler info? Have a good time, weather,fun? kids winner, etc.101eatdrink101

DLM
06-14-2011, 11:00 AM
For us, it was a poor day fishing for the wife and I, but a great day for the Grandson. I set up a Eagle Claw rod on the third downrigger and told him, okay, that your pole, what do you want to put on it. He went through my dodgers and came up with a pink super glow sling blade and a hot pink glow hoochie to match. We charged them up in the box and got him in the water. This was about a half hour after first light. He is was in the water no more than a minutes when he got his first hook up. I grabbed the rod, tripped the release and handed the rig to him. He brought it a 14.5 inch 1.1 pound koke like a pro. Grandpa was so proud. He went on to catch five for the morning, grandpa three and grandma got several to the boat but had a early release thing going on.

At about 11 there was a second bite that came on and pink was very poplular. By that time grandson had found a micro pink hoochie in the tackle box and wanted to try it. That landed him four more fish.

The grandon went on to win the Junior Division.

Listening to the folks describe what they were using during the awards it sounded like white and light colors were the rule of the day. Some using white dodgers and white hoochies combined. I heard the purple haze wiggle hoochie mentioned several times.

The fish seemed to be still scattered. The fish we caught did not come from schools. Mostly singles anywhere from 40 to 60 feet. Trolling speed was about 1.3/1.4.

Weather was overcast with a light wind down by the dam, stronger wind of course down by the island.

Hopefully some of the more successful guys will chime in here and tell us about their derby experience.

Full results are posted on the website at Kokaneepoweroregon.com.

kokaneekid
06-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Good question! slow, hot, dead? The results posted are good, but how about a little filler info? Have a good time, weather,fun? kids winner, etc.101eatdrink101

The fishing is starting to pick up we ended the day with 20 nice kok's I just needed one more big one and we couldn't find it.... We ended up in 15th place. Weather was cold in the morning but ended up sunny and nice. We had a blast, lots of prizes, food was good and it was nice to catch up with all my fellow kokanee addicts... We had 10 total kids enter the derby and you could tell they were having fun, plus they got some really cool prizes. David M. Grandson got first place, and my Nephew Niilo got second..

Put Wickiup on your Calendar July 23rd... Entry forms are at http://www.kokaneepoweroregon.com/Derby_photos/Derbies.html

See you all there...

Fish On kokaneekid

Doc_Rhen
06-14-2011, 01:48 PM
We had a challenging day technically with an autopilot not working, main downrigger rod having issues and net having issues, however inspite of the difficulties we put 36 kokes on board, kicked a couple dinks off at the back of the boat put one deep hooked trout in the box and released 3 or 4 others and finished the day in 6th place and the kids were 3rd and 4th.

Kokonuts
06-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I had a tough time finding fish on Thur. afternoon and all day Fri., too many rainbows that got in the way!

On Sat. I was teamed up with Rick F. (Pres. Of Oregon Kokanee Power)and Rick had the hot hand early in the morning while I handled the net & brought in a few. I dropped Rick off at the dam about 12:30 so he could help set up the weigh in station and started trolling near the dam and picked up 3 more nice ones and made it back to the weigh in at 1:30. We finished 12th with just under 41/2pounds.
I used a pink/white Crystal Basin Hoochie Thing & a pink/ silver Sling Blade with pink corn most of the day.

This was my first time to GP & the camp ground but it wont be the last. I had a great time & met a lot of people while trading "secrets" !

Kokonuts

MackPrince
06-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Great reports from the derby. Next year I'll have to try and make it down for this.awesomereport

Metal Manipulator
06-14-2011, 10:06 PM
We had a great day, we put 25 fish in the box and released some smaller ones. Fished 30 and 50 ft all day and stayed on the hunt for bigger fish.

Robin

Elkhunter
06-14-2011, 10:58 PM
We only put 6 in the box and lost five at the boat, placed 11 with 4.443lbs. Definitely do it next year.

Snapset
06-15-2011, 12:42 AM
We were fortunate to land several nice fish very early and picked up 19 fish for the day. Our 5 largest were good enough for 3rd place. The fish this year are great sized, and I am looking forward to getting after them quite a few times this summer.

salmonriverjohn
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Now thats what Im talking about! Nice report guys, sounds like you all had a great time,,,, special thanks to DLM. It really does this old grandpas heart good to hear a story like that!

Cannon
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
I have posted the Green Peter 2011 derby photos on the Kokanee Power of Oregon website.
http://kokaneepoweroregon.com/Derby_photos/GreenPeter_2011.html

den63
06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Pre fished GP on Friday with my friend and his son thay have never fished before. Landed 18 nice Kokanee. Saturday we had to work for are fish landed 10 Kokanee placed 13 4.389 LBS this was my first Derby the to kids placed 5 & 6 for the kids. thank you to Kokanee Power Of Oregone for all there hard work.