PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow kokanee fisherman!!

FiliIslander
06-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone my name is Robert and I have become addicted too kokanee fishing. I have visited this site numerous times to get tips/tricks and latest reports on fishing. Im very happy I signed up to this great site and fishing community!! I started fishing at a young age growing up as a kid in the Philippines. That's pretty much all I ate was fish and rice. I love too catch for all types of fish but the last 7 years I have been a hardcore Salmon and Steelhead fisherman. I always heard of kokanee but never really gave it a shot until this year. I did alot of reading online and watched Youtube videos on kokanee fishing. I bought a 15 foot Alaskan with a 15 horse Evinrude motor. Here is what I have for gear so far. Please let me know if I need anything else. 2 mini troll downriggers, 2 scotty rod holders, hummingbird fish finder, 2 shuttle hawks. For tackle I have 7'6" Lamiglas Jerrod Johnson Edition w/ Abu Garcia BCX 5600 baitcast reel and a 7'6" Okuma SST Kokanee w/ Abu Garcia 4600 C3 baitcast reel. Im using 8lb Viscious line on both setups. Im using various flashers and dodgers with hoochie and/or kokanee killers setups with white shoepeg corn on each hook . I went out to Lucky Peak 4 weeks ago for the first time with all my gear and boated 3 koks and lost a few. So far I've boated 10 koks in 3 trips. Im learning alot by trial and error and im looking forward to catching more kokanee. Ill be asking you all for advice:) Thanks everyone and happy fishing!!

Bduck
06-08-2011, 03:23 AM
101welcomw Robert 101welcomw Sounds like you are getting things together well enough to hit the lakes.

Mav186
06-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Welcome aboard Robert...glad you're here!!!

mrmike
06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome aboard FillsLander/ Don't be afraid just ask the question We will try and help.

FiliIslander
06-08-2011, 05:26 PM
So I have a question about snubbers. With my Lamiglas Jerrod Johnson rod do I have to use a rubber snubber or not? I'm getting told that I do and then I've been told I that I don't.

Petty4life
06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard Robert, make sure you stop by "the tackle shack" (kokaneetackle) there in Meridian and Mike and Joe will help you get set up even more. with the JJ rod you wont need to use snubbers