PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Downrigger
06-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I am a little embarrassed to admit that I am a new member of this forum because I have been a long time lurker. I've just moved home to Utah after living in the Washington D.C./Northern Virginia area for the past 5 years.

I've been fishing Flaming Gorge since I was a kid, though only out of a boat for about 7 years. In fact, when I was a kid, I was knocked overboard into the lake and got hit in the head by the prop as we were moving. I was underwater for 3-4 minutes until my uncle found me with a little gash on my head but otherwise fine. So, the Gorge and I have a "relationship."

I've been fishing at the Gorge for my yearly vacation each year that I've been in D.C. and caught some nice Kokes. A nice mac still eludes me. I do fairly well for Kokes and Rainbows up there after I ran into Jared Johnson at the Lucerne Marina one day. A little help from him and I was in the game.

I build tackle and my own rods, specializing in a Batson RDR76 downrigger blank for kokes. I've built up several. My goal is to catch a fish on a rod I built with a lure I built with a reel that I restored.

I also fish Strawberry with some frequency though I have never found either a Koke or a Rainbow there. All cutts.

I have an 18 ft. Sea Ray Seville with a 9.9 Merc kicker outfitted with two Cannon Easi-Troll downriggers.

I love fishing. It probably consumes 80% of my daily thought activity. And, I'm glad to be home where I can finally do some of it.

I am looking forward to being a contributing member of this forum and from learning from the extensive experience on the board.

SuperD
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Welcome Downrigger. When we see the guy on the water with the black square on his face, we'll know it is you. laugh hyst

Bduck
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Welcome Downrigger. When we see the guy on the water with the black square on his face, we'll know it is you. laugh hyst

+1 Welcome aboard lurker. What part of Utah? thumbsup

Downrigger
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys. I like posting pictures of fish, just not pictures of me and fish.

Right now I live in Layton. My only trip to the Gorge so far this year was over Memorial Day weekend and it was nothing short of a disaster with the weather.

I may go up this weekend but if not, I'll be headed up next week.

SuperD
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
You military? Bduck works at Hill AFB and my daughter is stationed there.

Downrigger
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
No sir. My wife is a civilian contractor at HAFB though. I work in patents with a firm in Salt Lake.

Petty4life
06-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard Downriggerworthy12