PDA

View Full Version : Wickiup elk camp

mrmike
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I've been on Elk Hunts were the weather was better. got there on the 26Th very Windy didn't fish/tried Friday managed two trys about 25 minutes windy and extremely cold found the fish they were hungry managed to land 4 in that (2) times out fish were really nice all 4 were 14 inches and fat. Saturday wind laid down and so did the fish/ no bitefinally figured them out landed 9 biggest 16 inches one 15 inch the rest 13/14 inch really in pressed with the shape of the fish. wind picked up. Sunday landed 12 until the wind picked up and blew us off the lake. Water is 49.9 degrees/fish were scarered all over the place. I actually found bigger fish in one part of the lake. Not a friendly place for downrigger bottom dept really changes a lot. I put a scent together that really working good. weather cold and colder 29% one morning. and one inch of snow/then a thunder storm/over cast I think I saw the Sun not sure! dark lures purple/pinks worked. I don't think many fisherman did that well went in the fish cleaning station and it wasn't even used. O'h the fish were at 30 ft suspended. Really hard fishing one minute they were hitting silver and then they went to brass. can't help it I'm hooked on Kokanee O' YEA i USUALLY HAVE THIS BET WITH MY WIFE 1.00 for the first fish 1.00 for the largest and 1.00 for the most I owe her $20.00

SilverBullets
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
101goodpost101Thanks for the report. Your right about the weather...it's been nasty in town too!

Metal Manipulator
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Wow you toughed it out in some bad weather. At least you have a nice place to get in out of the weather. I would trade you circumstances for a chance to spend more time over there. It's all good.