PDA

View Full Version : Crappie report

BlueBack79
05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
guys, i know it's not kokanee, but i like to keep it in the idaho section for the local guys. if you're into crappie fishing, owyhee res. is still fishing well. i think this cold front turned them off a little, but they are still biting, once you find them. we managed 110 fish yesterday. we were finding them in the top five feet. our fish finder quit working, so we started fishing submerged willows. it worked quite well. color didnt seem to matter. it would go hot and cold throughout the day. couldnt believe how nice it was yesterday. only a coople small mistings and the wind was pretty much nill for the entire day...a few gusts in the afternoon.

kodiak1
05-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Wow, nice bunch of fish. Congrats! Now, fileting that many is another matter all together! Did you get some decent filets off of them. Sort of hard to see what size they were. Mike

BlueBack79
05-30-2011, 12:10 AM
my buddy and i both on electric knives whipped through them in an hour....thats cutting ribs out too. a little practice with an electric knife and a guy can get pretty good. we dont use traditional electric fillet knives either. we use the black & decker carving knives you can get at walmart for around $12. they work a lot better too, in my opinion. anyway, they werent monsters. averaged around 9-10"....some bigger, some smaller. that bunch yielded 12lbs. of boneless goodness101cheers101