PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Lake

skookum9
05-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Was headed for Odell this weekend but now that isn't going to happen. Has anyone here ever fished for kokanee in Timothy Lake? It's close enough that I might just make a day trip of it and see what I can come up with. Would love to hear from someone who's been there and seen what there is to offer. I'm worried that there may be an abundance of 7 inch koke's and that won't make for very good times. Please let me know if you have any idea of what I'm getting myself into, thanks.

skookum9
06-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Tried Timothy for Memorial Weekend. If it's kokanee you're after, I didn't see much worth pursuing. There seemed to be plenty of them, and there were people there who said they thought there were koke's in there up to maybe 2 pounds or so, but nobody I talked to had caught any such fish. I caught several koke's, most on my flyrod which totally surprised me, and the biggest one I caught was 8". They seemed to run in two sizes, 8" and 6". Not really something that I want to catch a limit of to have to clean. But the trout fishing was unbelievable. It seemed like I couldn't move my fly until I had another fish hit. Mostly rainbows but also some cutthroat and some brook trout. The weather held up nicely and helped to make it an excellent trip. The lake has a 10mph speed limit so don't think you can race from one end to the other out there to find fish. It's a lake I think I'd like to visit a lot more in the future, but probably not in pursuit of kokanee.