PDA

View Full Version : Kokes at Anderson Ranch

Ken Jones
05-26-2011, 01:03 PM
We brought to the boat 30 and netted 27. We hooked in the neighborhood 50 fish total. Put in at curlew ramp. Tried putting in at damn ramp the water is around 50 foot down and ramp is very steep. The docks were out of the water so decided to go back two high way 20 and take the pine and featherville road. We were fishing around lime creek. Out from curlew ramp. I am 72 year old fart with a 24ft. Thunderjet boat. I give away 14 plus pounds steelhead and 25 plus pounds Salmon. I live in mountain home Idaho. I'm thirty miles from CJ Strike Res. Yes, I eat a lot of fish. Those guys I give fish away to, I hunt Elk on private land and the other I get my hay and grain from.

Dr. Matt
05-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm heading that way this weekend... any other tips you care to share (ie what were they hitting on)?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt

Ken Jones
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm heading that way this weekend... any other tips you care to share (ie what were they hitting on)?

Thanks,

Dr. Matt

Try in the morning with Green or chartruse wedding ring, silver blade tiped with white or yellow kernel corn. Afternoon red wedding ring, silver or gold blade tiped with yellow or white corn. Leaded line 10yd. per colors 1/5 to two colors. Remember for every two ft. out, 0ne ft. down. 30ft out 15 ft. down. I found most in the morning at 5 to 20ft. Afternoon from 20 to 40. I hope this helps. Good luck. Let me know how you did. Ken

kodiak1
05-26-2011, 05:03 PM
First, Ken, welcome to the site. Hope to hear lots from you in the future. How is the size running this year? We are heading over to Magic in a week, but I might have a problem getting past the Pine turnoff!! I fish for kokes most frequently at Lucky Peak, but last year I had more enjoyable trips to Anderson. Less people, better scenery. Faster action. You might also want to get on the "cousin" site to this one, BigFishTackle.com. The Idaho forum is quite good, and I will be reporting on Magic in a week. Since you are from Mt. Home, I figure you probably hit it a few times. Thanks for sharing, Ken. Mike

Ken Jones
05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I haven't been to Magic this year but I have a couple friends that report valuable information fishing Magic. They told me they hammered the hell out of them. Limited out every day. There are a lot of big fish in magic they told me. Flashers, fenders wwith rapala lures and wedding rings with corn Good luck. I went in February after trout. Three of us in my jet boat. We hooked 31 trout and netted 16 fish. They averaged over 2 pounds and there were a few weighed in at 3 and a half pounds. Also three pounds. Using a jointed floating Rapala. Ken. Good luck at magic.101chromefish101

BlueBack79
05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
thanks for the reports ken! good to see some fish being caught at anderson. havent fished it for some years, but we used to catch em like we did at lucky peak/arrowrock....size wise anyway. used to be some nice kokes pulled out. anyway, what size fish are they this year? i was thinking of hitting magic next weekend, but now may consider anderson.

thanks,