PDA

View Full Version : Cassidy lake

fishbiker
05-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Well being new to lake stevens i have to explore, so i dragged the rubber boat over to cassidy lake , seems the water was not clear, i put the boat in the water and as i was headig out i metered 3 fish deep and that was all i saw on the meter, i had mounted my 3 hp eveie on the boat, all was good till it overheated, i then rowed for awhile and thought i didn,t like this when i was a kid and i styill don,t like it, i poped the motor off while still on the lake and turned it upside down, removed the lower end and the pick up tube from the water pump poped out, repaired that put back together ( cresent wrench and swiss army knife) and she was pumping great. so i was all over that lake with never another meter mark, fished the lillys for bass and nothing. there was maybe 5-7 other boats with nothing, couple guys fishing crappie said they got a couple bass. Oh well next lake!!!violin

GURU
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Way too early for the warm water fish in Cassidy, right now they got a plant of triploid trout, and they will hide in the lilies plunk power eggs for them, once June hits, and the lake warms up, I have personally had 40 fish days, catching trout, crappie, bluegill, bass, and perch all in one day just drifting along the lilies tossing a bobber with a worm 2' below the water, it can be lot's of fun, but right now trout is happening there....good luck out there if you go again, that is one of my favorite warm water lakesthumbsup

fishbiker
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the tip.