PDA

View Full Version : Detroit lake Fishing question?

Fish_Or_Die
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
So I will be headed up to detroit lake this weekend with a bunch of our friends. I have never fishing this lake before, but we will be trolling and trying to get into some koks and rainbows. Any advise on spots, fishing methods, tackle setups, and bait to use will be greatly appreciated. Thanks101chromefish101

bigbobwilliams
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Dad and I fish here alot. We have been 100% by going in at mongold and trolling from the center bouy toward the island then up the center between the island and hwy 20 toward the marina. Not alot of competition from the planters here. Picked up mostly 12-13" bows, but did boat a 15 1/2" koke last week.

mrmike
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Detroit a large lake we usually launch at I think they call it mamoloose launch motor to the Island directly across and fish the upper end the right side. There is a lot of trout (stockers) and some nice Land Locked Chinook/ as for kokanee I have no idea. worms/ ford fender flasher about 15 ft under the surface pretty standard. If it not windy you can motor to the dam/if you have downriggers fish for landlocked chinookthey are from 75/100ft deep use small herring if you can find them/or broken back repalales etc they run good size I know of 10# coming out of the lake hope this help