PDA

View Full Version : Signing on to learn about Flaming Gorge

FishWisher
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm planning a September trip to Flaming Gorge along with another old geezer from my home state of Kalifornistan. I've fished kokanee on local foothill lakes, and have done so-so, but haven't fished for them in the last couple of years (since New Melones Reservoir started charging admission) but plan to get back at it.

I hope my timing to FG isn't too late, as we're going in September just after Labor Day and before the 10th, after which I understand kokes cannot be kept.

I fish aboard my 22' C-Dory Angler and have downriggers and a kicker.

My personal fishing site is www.FishWisher.com. I'm not selling a thing! It's just lots of stories and photos of my personal fishing and boating.

I hope to learn more about kokanee fishing here...

- Dale "FishWisher"

SmokeOnTheWater
05-23-2011, 09:42 PM
101welcomw FishWisher

Glad to have you on this forum. This is a wonderful site for sharing almost any topic related to kokanee fishing "or not". Lots of tips on fixing problems you may have with boat and accessories. If you want to learn specifics, don't pass up our archive sections.

You're right about September 10th! Kokanee fishing at the Gorge is DONE! Fish seem to be smaller this year but still larger than California Kokes according to "Vance".

Just remember one thing, Fishing is FUN! 101chromefish101