PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

fishbiker
05-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I am new and just moved to lake stevens from san diego ca. My wife and i come to wa. every year to fish salmon, we decided we had enough of ca. i grew up in huntington and newport beaches, have fished many many miles of ocean for tuna and so on. I was a motorcycle racer most my life MX,SX and world class speedway my speedway racing name was duane pinky blake, i am also a master tech in the motorcycle industry. I grew up in the restaurant biz as my dad was a chef. I am so happy to be here in Wa. I may start a moble motorcycle service in lake stevens a few days a week to keep busy but in no way will work come before fishing lol i have meet nothing but very nice people since i have been fishing wa. local Greg and his wife at gregs tackle in lake stevens has been a big help with info, he has even fixed a couple rods for me, 4.50 for a new tip installed on one of my graphites wow in sandiego it would have been 20.00 Great tackle shop for all your needs, oh yea any motorcycle work i do i will have the customers just make the checks out to gregs tackle as thats where i will spend it any ways lol another person i meet was Tony at marine tec service and repair in lake stevens, another nice guy , went above and beyound to get me a water pump kit for mt 3 hp evinrude. Thanks for your time

Bduck
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
101welcomw fishbiker 101welcomw Your not the only one that escaped the clutches of the Calif way of life. I too did find things on the outside world are somewhat cheaper. But I'm still drawn back to Sacramento where my sons live. Only to visit.

Hope you'll have fun here. These guys will help you spend your money and make sure your fishing needs are not substandard.

fishbiker
05-21-2011, 01:49 PM
i know what you mean, life is so much more laid back here in wa. don,t get me wrong i loved san diego and the fishing was the best, i had a 33 ft boat in mexico at la salinas marina for years. i also have kids in san diego and a daughter in the bay area, i lived in castro valley for a couple years and used to love going to the delta fishing strippers , also when you start up the hill going over to tahoe there a lillte stream at camp sacramento that was good trout with the fly rod. Thanks for the welcome. fish on!!