PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Lake 12th -14th

kokaneekid
05-16-2011, 12:26 AM
So I headed up to Crescent Lake on Thursday for the Kokanee Power derby with my wife and dad. We got camp set up and went for a late afternoon pre-fish. The reports have been horrible to the point that I heard no one had even picked a kokanee up yet this year. When ended the first day of fishing with 6 really nice kok's so I wasn't to worried about picking up 5 for the derby. Friday we did a morning fish and picked up 7 really nice kok's, and with most people still having issues picking up fish I was feeling really confident in my odds of doing really well in the derby Oh how things change... Saturday morning we hit the lake very early I was the first boat on the water, and we headed for the island. We had spotted tons of kok's over there on Friday and felt our best odds were to fish in that location. By seven I was 2 fish away from having our three limit and had already put 3 fish back in the lake in hopes of bigger ones. At eight we had hook two kok's to bad to release and my dad picked up a really big one so our day was over. My wife and I needed to be back to the lodge early to set up so ended early was ok with us but by 8:00 was just retarded.

I'll let DLM post out the results but we ended up in 5th place and had a blast. Weather was great fishing was outstanding and the fish are really big. I hope everyone that attended the Kokanee Power of Oregon Derby had fun and I hope to see everyone at Green Peter derby.

What worked well for us all three days was a new kind of Shasta Tackle Sling Blade, and my old faithful R & K hoochies... Glow in the morning then pink, orange, and pink with purple when the sun came up you can’t go wrong with them and I have a hard time trying new thing because they work so well for me... Fish were running at 50 feet first thing then moving to 90 after first light. I did see them jumping on Saturday, and I heard of some big one's being picked up on the top. If you want some more information IM me and I'll hook you up. The fish are pushing 14inches and are in great shape. They will me monsters by July, and I'm planning on fishing it again..

The picture is of the 15 we got on Saturday

Fish On kokaneekid

Fallriverguy
05-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I was able to prefish Friday afternoon. The reports I heard from Friday morning and Mid-day was of very slow fishing. Moknots and I headed to the South West end of the lake at about 4 pm. It took about 1/2 hour to find a working combination. We found a blue/green spinner behind a 0000 dodger was a good combination. We were done with our 10 fish by 6:30.

It seems the bite turned on that afternoon as Saturday was hot fishing for everyone. We started with glow in the morning and a natural radical glow behind a glow dodger was good. Then a variety of things work. Custom spinners and wiggle hoochies did most of the catching but a blue spin-n-glow caught one of our big fish.

Gulp maggots seemed to out fish corn later in the day with natural and shrimp scented corn working early. We caught fish between 10 feet and 55 feet all day.