PDA

View Full Version : Boat dock Wallowa Lake?

Kokaneegal
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
When we go to Wallowa lake we stay in a cabin, not right on the lake. We are having trouble finding a place where we can dock our boat during the day, while having lunch, taking a fishing break or even overnight. We go in May before the holiday. Last year we took the boat in and out of the water all day every day. Gets old fast. Anyone have any ideas for us?
Kokaneegal

mrmike
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
The last time up there I moored my Sled at the park/they close the gate in the evening when it get dark,and the sheriff dept patrol at night I was very impressed. There is a fee involved but at the state park hope this helps

Kokaneegal
04-28-2011, 01:15 AM
mrmike - Thanks. Do you have to be staying at the state park to rent a spot on their dock?

spoons
05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
If you can lock up you tackle, or at least cover your boat, I'd call the marina. (541) 432-9115
If you can't lock it up securely, you may be kicking yourself in the morning for not dragging it out.

kenbarb
05-05-2011, 04:39 PM
There is a inlet very near the park launch ramp, if you were standing on the launch ramp, facing Wallowa it would be on your left. Quite a few people park their boats there, it is protected from the wind and is a very good spot to park for a break. If you have a prop boat, raise the lower unit for running shallow, we have a 21' NW Jetboat and use this inlet when we are there, and there is no charge. Heed spoons advise about locking ,or covering your equipment. I don't worry about it during the day, but always pull the boat out at night.

kokanee kombine
05-06-2011, 09:53 PM
we used the same inlet and tied up to the trees,but last summer they pulled an old dock in there,so we tied up to it for lunch.came back with a warning ticket on our boat!everybody wants a chunk of the pie.you have to have a res at the campground to res the boat dock.21 ft max and you can hardly sqeeze in.

Kokaneegal
05-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks everyone, leaving in a couple of days. Getting excited. Will report back in about a week.
Kokaneegal

kenbarb
05-07-2011, 12:52 PM
How aout that kokanee kombine, the dock was not in the inlet when I was there last. If you had parked on shore instead of the dock it might have been okay. Were there any boats parked on shore in the inlet? When we were there last, at least a dozen boats were parked in there. It is a gorgeous place, but is so commercialized it takes a lot of the fun out of the experience. Back to the dock, I can just visualize them blocking it off so you can't park your boat on shore.