PDA

View Full Version : What about Detroit?

Kokanut
04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Years ago I used to go to Detroit and fish with my Dad. We where mostly fishing for trout, but would catch a Kokanee once in a while. I've been fishing at GP mostly now, but would like to do some camping with friends and family up at Detroit because of the choices in camp grounds etc., but would like to know about the Kokanee fishing up there. Are there any there? If so where? Has anyone caught any this year and how?

Thanks in advance

Kokaneegal
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Can't speak to this year but we went a couple of times last year. The fishing was great for trout. Kokanee were almost non existant. Talked to several other fishermen and same story. Actually, the year before that wasn't very good either. We prefer Green Peter.

mrmike
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Detroit not noted for Kokanee the ones usually caught are usually by accident was up there weekend before last targetting landlock chinook. water was 41% at the dam had 44.5% by one of the Island great place to camp and they are having a tournament the weekend of the 14th May its a big turn out lots of trout.(stockers)

kokaneekid
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Years ago I used to go to Detroit and fish with my Dad. We where mostly fishing for trout, but would catch a Kokanee once in a while. I've been fishing at GP mostly now, but would like to do some camping with friends and family up at Detroit because of the choices in camp grounds etc., but would like to know about the Kokanee fishing up there. Are there any there? If so where? Has anyone caught any this year and how?

Thanks in advance

I have a camp site at Detroit, but the kokanee fishing hasn't been good since 2007.. Lot's for fish but they are very small.... 5 to 6 inches last year. I don't know what this year will bring for kokanee I'm guessing it won't be very good. Lot's of trout but not very many holdovers. ODFW needs to make a few changes up their, I'm hoping Kokanee Power of Oregon may be able to help... Great lake for camping, but at the bottom of my list for fishing, and too bad because I have a year round camp spot.... Plus it's a five limit kokanee lake...

Fish On kokaneekid