PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Spread

Birds Nest
04-24-2011, 11:13 AM
So i have been working a while on this one and have to say its fantastic! Even people who hate fish will love this treat.

1.5 lbs of cream cheese
1 lb of Smoke Kokanee
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 tablespoon of Mayo
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of Franks hot sauce
2 teaspoon of Siracha hot sauce ( the one with the chicken on the label)
1.5 teaspoons of Goldens spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon of treager salmon shake or use a pepper, brown sugar spice mix

Process kokanee and sour cream and mayo and all other ingredients in food processor and then mix cream cheese in mixer and thoroughly mix in the processed ingredients. Pack and share with friends and family.

From a mishap from the wife the recipe works almost as well with all fat free cream cheese and mayo.

Cheers!

HiTechKoke
04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
That sounds tasty... will have to try it.

We do a simpler version with just cream cheese, smoked kokanee, a bit of lemon and some milk and the trick is to let it sit a day for the smoked flavor to kick in we have found.

Kevin

SuperD
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I like adding green onions and craisins.

MMDON
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Yum! I love Kokanee spread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tooexcitedtooexcitedtooexcited

gonefishing
04-27-2011, 11:23 PM
I love Kokanee spread. I use smoked Koke, fine chopped onion, fresh garlic, chopped chives, sour cream, salt, pepper and a very fine shredded mild chedder.

I need to go Koke fishing.tongue2

Birds Nest
04-02-2012, 12:43 AM
I have been doubling the heat and the addition of green onions had been a great addition! Thanks KFF members

Drifterdon
04-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Man, Now I'm hungry again.

jekern1015
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I made this last night, I thought it was missing something. I guess I was wrong, it got rave reviews by everyone at work. Thanks for the recipe.