PDA

View Full Version : 4/22 Berryessa Even Greater Good Friday!!!Too Fun!

n8luvs2fish
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Natey and I partnered up with my friend Bryan for the Kokaneemart T-derby. We had a real great start early in the morning with seven real nice Kokanee right off the bat with three doubles and a triple. We had the seven in the first hour and twenty minutes of fishing. The triple resulted in one keeper Koke 16 inches and two throw back little dudes. We were hot on the bite early. Wow, was there more traffic on Friday versus Thursday. Must have been Forty boats out there. Not to mention three to four kayakers that were going across the trolling/shipping lanes. Had to avoid those guys a couple of times. Then I got hit super hard on a RMT Crystal Popsicle at 10'. Thinking that I was going to spooled, I tighten the drag up a few clicks to try win the battle. Hoping that we found the ultimate Kokanee or least a Large King, we were disappointed but happy to land a beautiful 3 plus pound rainbow that looked like a mini-steelhead. Back he went to the drink. Then hit a two hour drive by session and LDR mission. We couldn't get anything to stick and come to the boat as we fished 100 yards parallel of the Big Island. We make the move over to a different trolling lines and on our way get hit on the port planer board really hard. A beautiful 17 inch fat Koke. Now we have eight solid fish. Later as we settle into the new trolling lane we double up on the new RMT Watermelon Hoochie and U/L Cooper Pop on the rigger. Two more really nice fish at 17.25 and 17.75. We start to box those fish and the planer board is going absolutely nuts. It our largest fish of the day at just under 18 inches. We get three more and we finish with 14 beautiful Silver Kokanee for the weigh-in. We select our five for weighing and to Markley we head back. At the weigh-in team "luvs2fish" finishes a distant second to Gary Coe who also had a great day of fishing by .08 of a pound. There were so many familiar faces out there: Ric (kokaneemart), MJK, Big D, T-Roy, JT, Rod Bender, Earl the Pearl, KocoLoco, Fish Junky, Gadgetman and Gary, KokeMachine, Dennis, Hog Hunter, Mickey, Fort Bragger, Hammer(I believe), Vance Staplin and Heather, Tak, Trout(KING)Wagon, GVF(Rich),
Egrammer, Grande D, Brian (Nice Boat) George, Al Milan, Gabe, Milkman and many others. Natey was so excited winning his tackle pack from Vance he couldn't wait to show his mom. He says he's going to use on his SpiderMan rod. I told him "good luck with that little buddy." (Thanks so much Vance for that. Those dodgers are killer at Melones.) Natey also loved the GVF set-up that Rich gave him. (Thank you very much Rich.) It was so nice to see everyone out there fishing and catching. I know it looked pretty funny using planer boards for catching kokes, but it really worked for us.

What what worked for us on Outstanding Friday:

*Areas: River Channel between the Big Island and Skiers
*Depths: 8'-16' Guessing the planer were down 10'
*Lures: U/L Copper Pop(Had Three on at one time), RMT Pink Splattered Hoochie, RMT Watermelon Hoochie, RMT Orange Super Squid. RMT Crystal Popsicle
*Dodgers:C/B W/M and Wild Eye Orange Wild-things, RMT Silver Bahama, RMT Fusions, and RMT Crushed Bahama on both Planers.
*Scent: Herring (I don't need anything else ;))
*Set-Backs: 75'-100'
*Speed:1.3-1.6

We had plans to go to Oroville today. However we(me) are pooped and the O will have to wait. :) :) :)

Heavy Fish Pile Up
http://oi56.tinypic.com/14ul08g.jpg
Natey Receiving his Prizes and Making a Run for It
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2wdsxhw.jpg
Bryan with the five
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2n7kx00.jpg

froggie
04-24-2011, 12:55 AM
N8 & N8y...Great job on slaying those fish. Looks like we'll finally be getting up there again this year.
Froggie

HiTechKoke
04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Great report... funny thing is there were people chattering on the radio Sat about fishing the "Nate line" as code for their location. :-)

This was on Sat as some from the Friday gathering were out there. Obviously I was out there Sat. Report to follow today hopefully.

Kevin

Old School
04-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Nate, Nice report and great looking first mate you got. I'll see you out there one of these days.

I was out there Sat too. I had no idea about the event of Friday. If I knew there had been so much blood spilled on the battle field the day before I may have stayed home, but I'm glad I didn't cuz the fish were still able and willing.
Started slow for me, but turned out to be one great day on Berry with a limit of 16-17.5 fattys by 9:45 and another several smaller fish released including a 15 inch king and nice bow. Finished the day with a solo double of two fat kokes. Can't tell you how much fun that was. Boats seemed real scattered. Pink hoochies were my ticket.

Old School