PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 4-16

gon troln
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
My first mate and I launched from Capell about 7:30 and headed out to the narrows and started doing circles. It was not long until I hooked up with a little King. Made another pass for a small Koke Both returned to grow some. The next pass yielded a nice and fat Koke at 16" on the nose. Then it died, hearing chatter on the radio the bite was early..........oh well. The water was mirror like with the day topping out at 80 degrees. Water started at 61 and was at 68 by 4:00. Managed another king by the big island before calling it. No real pattern yet, pink w/ blue tire track did the best. Orange, blue did good also. Brought home two kings and a koke for dinner.

Berryessa Boater
04-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the report. How deep on the wire were you fishing & setback? I have a vessel berthed at Markley Cove, I understand the lake is 4 ft from full......Mark

Old School
04-19-2011, 12:25 AM
thanks for the report gon troln.

The lake has got way more water then Ive seen in four years. Couldn't believe it when I backed over the hump at the top of Capell ramp and the boat was almost at the water!

gon troln
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Berryessa Boater, in the morning the catching was at 23' and about 50' set back. The last fish in the afternoon was at 35' OTW and same set back. Yes the water is as high as I've seen it in a very long while. Hope the level lasts as there is allot of structure to work later in the season. Good luck.
gt

Berryessa Boater
04-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the reply gon troln. What V.H.F. channel do fisherman use at Berryessa?....more importantly, how do I get ahold of you if I'm on a "Hot Bite"???!!!......Mark

gon troln
04-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Most people chat on channel 69. If I am out there thats the channel I monitor so just give a shout. I'll return the favor too! thanks

froggie
04-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Nice job, can't wait for next weekend!! See ya soon
Froggie