PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa this Sat

Old School
04-15-2011, 06:20 PM
The weather report appears to have just changed from moderate westerly wind to dang near dead calm tomorrow morning. For those who know my boat its a little guy and Berryessa wind is my nemesis.

My plans just went from maybe/ not worth it to full steam ahead!

I know its still early, but you gotta start sometime. I haven't been to Berryessa since August and I haven't eaten koke since Dec.

Capell early am.

Old School

SuperD
04-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Good luck, I'm waiting one more week so you early guys can find them for me.

camotracker
04-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey Ted, I heard that Capell is closed.

HiTechKoke
04-16-2011, 01:11 PM
HMM..I heard that rumor was not true.... but it is out there. It was open as of 4/15 according to other reports and here is a link to help...

http://nixle.com/napa-county-sheriffs-office/

Good luck old school and if all else fails fish the narrows for shelter.

Kevin

Old School
04-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Great day on Berry today. Water was glassy and weather was almost too nice. Slow bite at times, but good at other times. Launched at Capell! Nothing has changed. Fished near skiers and the channel all morning, then headed to big island around eleven to 1. Traffic was none existent. We fished from 10 to 20 feet on the wire and with long lines to the same depths all day. We tried a lot of tackle but the pink and blue stuff seemed to work best. Surprise. First 3 fish were kokes from 12 to 16.5 inches as well as 2 LDRs and one more nice koke lost at the boat. Then a couple trout. Then it slowed partially due to 2 sardine size kokes we were dragging around for who knows how long. Both were dead when we brought them up. Then towards the big island we had a little flurry that resulted in one more 16.5 inch koke, 5 bows, and 2, 13-14 inch kings in about an hour. Talked to Mr. Gadgetman. Always nice to see you. I’m always thinking I’m missing a lot of chatter cuz my handheld VHF is so weak. Gonna wait till tomorrow to bbqd the kokes. Cant wait.

Old School

HiTechKoke
04-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Sounds like a good day to me with cooperative weather with a good deal of variety. Tks for the report.