PDA

View Full Version : 4/9/11 at Greenpeter

WAD
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
OK how many of you were at Greenpeter today I dont you by boat yet we marked a lot of fish but never touched one only heard of one caught it was a great day

Metal Manipulator
04-10-2011, 10:34 AM
One combination to try is the 5.5 sling blade UV with glow skeleton. Follow that at 10" to 12" with a Blue spinner blue and glow in the dark beads. Tip the hooks with corn soaked in Tuna oil. fish 30 to 50 ft in the area where you are marking fish. Fish 10 to 15 ft. behind the downrigger ball. You might not fill your quota for the day but you will catch a few. If you will waite a few more weeks the quality of the fish will be better and the catch rates will go up.

kokaneekid
04-10-2011, 01:30 PM
OK how many of you were at Greenpeter today I dont you by boat yet we marked a lot of fish but never touched one only heard of one caught it was a great day

I think that the Kokanee Bug has gotten the best of you. If you are looking for limits you'll have to wait until it warms up. If we get a couple days of sunny really warm weather the bite will get better, but it will be hard to get a limit this time of year. Try fishing in the top 20 feet of water, I'm not sure how deep you were fishing but the fish should be in the top part of the water column. If you have to get some kokanee I do know that lake Merwin in Washington is HOT.. The limit is only five, but if you get four people in the boat 20 would be really easy. Green Peter will heat up TRUST ME!

Fish On kokaneekid

capblack
04-10-2011, 05:58 PM
i was there from 6:30 am until 6 pm in the 12 ft valco longlining. we marked alot of fish close to the bottom, and a few large schools. had a handful of good hits but nothing stuck. surface temp was 46.6 to 47.7

WAD
04-11-2011, 12:17 AM
I think that the Kokanee Bug has gotten the best of you. If you are looking for limits you'll have to wait until it warms up. If we get a couple days of sunny really warm weather the bite will get better, but it will be hard to get a limit this time of year. Try fishing in the top 20 feet of water, I'm not sure how deep you were fishing but the fish should be in the top part of the water column. If you have to get some kokanee I do know that lake Merwin in Washington is HOT.. The limit is only five, but if you get four people in the boat 20 would be really easy. Green Peter will heat up TRUST ME!

Fish On kokaneekid

I generally dont keep very many enough for a good meal and a couple of sandwiches im in it purely for the sport it was a great day. My lifes love Mary and I had a great time mostly checked out the boat everything worked great

WAD
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM
i was there from 6:30 am until 6 pm in the 12 ft valco longlining. we marked alot of fish close to the bottom, and a few large schools. had a handful of good hits but nothing stuck. surface temp was 46.6 to 47.7

I was in 18' flat bottom sled 50hp Merc downriggers and orange coat wave and say hi. We marked a lot of fish also they just didnt want anything.

capblack
04-11-2011, 01:12 AM
i saw on another forum one guy ended up with a nice chinook, and 3 little kokes, but he was there 2 days. it will pick up soon, we really enjoyed the day!

Doc_Rhen
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Fish On kokaneekid

At the same time don't completely ignore those deep fish you are marking, sometimes you will hit some of them that are willing to bite, the lake may not have turned back over yet. The past couple weeks LBC has been running 42-46 degrees and the most productive depth for us has been 60-70' and I saw some reports from last February or March where limits were coming easy at 110' with the surface temp being right around 40.

Kokanut
04-19-2011, 10:15 AM
I went to GP on the 17th. It was still slow fishing there, at least for me. We ended up catching 3 and had a few more bites. Caught one on a wedding ring with corn soaked in tuna oil, the other two on a silver Apex and corn at around 25ft deep. I didn't measure them, but two where small, around 10-11 the other more like 12-13". Caught all three after noon.
The water level is good. Around 12-15' from full and not too much floating debris. Surface temp 45. The floating dock at the boat ramp is still pulled up on shore so it makes launching and pulling out the boat a little bit more of a pain.
Still had fun and the boat ran good so it turned out to be a good day!

skookum9
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Kokanut,

You said surface temp was about 45, which sounds pretty good. Did you happen to see many fish on the surface or on the fish finder? If so, what sort of depth did you see them at? Various depths? Were they schooled up at all that you could tell? GP is a close enough lake that I'd like to try it but I just haven't made it down there yet. Are there places these fish tend to school first? Or maybe places where they tend to surface best? Some day I'm going to make it down there.

Metal Manipulator
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Try between the island and the out house bouys on the south side. Or you can try down by the dam. They seem to hang out the most at these two spots.

Kokanut
04-19-2011, 06:28 PM
There where some fish showing on the fish finder near the surface, some at various depths, but did not see any jumping. Not really schooled up either. My fish finder did show a lot of fish in a few spots on the bottom where there was a sudden change in depth. These where at 150-180 feet. Don't know if these are really fish or not. We caught ours straight south of the island, along the south shore at a point.

fishslayer13
04-19-2011, 08:09 PM
When you guys say that your soaking your corn in tuna oil, are you talking like out of a can tuna or some scent thats called tuna oil ?

Fishin-RN
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Canned tuna works great. I take the entire can of tuna, dump it into a separate container, and add corn to the top. You can keep adding corn for days that way.tongue2

fishslayer13
04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks! Never tried it . Ill give it a go and see what happens.

Kokanut
04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
You need the tuna that is packed in oil. I squeeze the oil off the tuna, put it on the white corn and use the tuna to make a sandwich. It's better if you soak the corn in the oil overnight.

kokaguy1
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
awesomereport

hunter_fisher
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi All i am new here. I went last saturday to GP for a couple hours just off the bank and lost 2 and landed nice 2 kokes. just a night crawler 1st 2 i tipped the hook with a red potski egg and other 2 i landed were on rainbow power bait tipped worm. used a bobber dropped down about 8 ft. usually got them on the slow retrieve back in or if the wind was blowing which was most of the time moving it. they were nice fish maybe 14in was largest. and i was not there long but seemed the bite was on at 12:30 - 1pm then it stopped so i left.
Also for those who need a map I found a good topo map on line of Green Peter.
because i am new here i dont know if we can post links, so i will change the 1st part.
move the w's together, also the com together as i added spaces to them to follow it correctly.

w w w.trails.c o m/topo.aspx?panerror=true&z=10&e=536039.592367555&n=4922947.02314991&s=50&size=s&style=drgsr
i hope this is some help.