PDA

View Full Version : Merwin 04.08.11

Koke-n-a-smile
04-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Went up to Merwin today. Wow, the word is out about the fishing there! I have never seen so many boats at this time of year. At least with kokanee fishermen everyone seems to be in a nice mellow mood. It didn't hurt that the sun finally came out today too! Anyway, pink hoochies and sling blades were the ticket. Took my boys and my Dad out, we all got our limits of 13" to 14" for the big ones, and one or two that were 12", and even a little sun burnthumbsup Here's a couple pics:

Kokecatcher
04-09-2011, 12:05 AM
It was a zoo today. I had my limit at 8:10 and just drifted for an hour drinking coffee, cleaning the boat and just enjoying the sun. Got back to the dock at 9:10 and did not get out of Speelyai until 10:20. I have never seen so many people. When I left the lower lot was full and the upper lot had room for maybe 1-2 rigs. Last Friday I got a quick limit on pink and white hooches. Today not a hit. Changed to my fire tiger spinners at 12-15 feet and had my limit in 45 minutes. Four of the fish were 13 and one was 14. It was a beautiful day at the lake.