PDA

View Full Version : Lake Merwin 4.7.2011 w/ NorthwestRiverGuideService

eenakoK
04-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Kokanee kid, Kokanee-Slayer and a few others had heard all this about this lake and we had the opportunity so we grabbed it!

It had been reported that a lot of fish were being caught. We got to the lake about 10am and headed out....

We got to the location and put lines out. Within a couple of minutes we had our first fish. After that, it was pretty non stop. At the end of the day, we had over 80 fish on (easily) and landed our 35. I was a major reason that we weren't done sooner ( we were on the water for a little over 3 hrs), I could NOT keep a fish on my line if my life depended on it. We still had a great time and NorthwestRiversGuideService run a great service. The first picture is to actually prove I can catch a fish :)

Equipment used:
custom spinners, pink hootchies, gulp maggots. Two back rods were flatlining and the side rods had a little weight on them.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/IMG_5064.jpg

Catch of the day:

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/IMG_5089.jpg

Nice waterfall:

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/IMG_5078.jpg

Kokanee Kid
04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks’ again for the invite Tup: That was some consistent action for sure. And Paul did a great job, money well spent. A 24' sled, all the gear and bait, a guy that knows how to catch koke's at Merwin, and fishes 6 people for $200! That's $33 per. person, that's a smoking deal for a guided trip! Would have been better if Paul did a puppet show or put on a sun dress and sang some show tune's laugh hyst
And yep the pic. has 34 koke's in it, db's Dad can't count laugh hyst
And db did have some issues getting em in the boat! But that happens to all koke fisherperson's from time to time. The more fish you have on, the more chances you have to cracker-em!

Paul, see ya in a few weeks for some monsters! signfishin

kokanee_slayer
04-09-2011, 05:54 PM
eenakok,
I had a great time - thanks for setting this up. Paul did an OUTSTANDING job and he is a great guide. For the price you can't beat it. However, I agree with KK - a puppet show would have been nice. LOL

Petty4life
04-09-2011, 06:04 PM
eenakok,
I had a great time - thanks for setting this up. Paul did an OUTSTANDING job and he is a great guide. For the price you can't beat it. However, I agree with KK - a puppet show would have been nice. LOL

puppet show, heck you had david with you thats pretty close to a puppet and him loosing all those fish must have been a show. LOL

Birds Nest
04-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Great job out there, saw you a bunch and impressed handling that many people with so much action. Great to see Guides on Merwin as more people should be introduced to this amazing early spring fishery

kokaguy1
04-09-2011, 09:33 PM
if you're thinking about going up to Merwin forget it....the bites off the parking is terrible .... no really, it is, believe me hahaha good lord would all you guys go back to the columbia river and chase the springers so i can have somewhere to park. hahaha wow is the bite on or what at Merwin!
UV sling blade and a pink hoochie or anything else you throw out is pretty much going to catch one....just incredible..... who ha cabin fever is over!!!!!

eenakoK
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
you guys have a great fishery down there! I just wish that it wasn't 2.5 hours away! Luckily for us, American is also producing a lot of fish right now as well. I plan to be down there again at some point soon.

kokaguy1
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
seriously though they do need to really look at the parking at Merwin, it is truly an issue and depending on where you park your truck and trailer when you come in from fishing many times it is very hard to get out of your parking spot not to mention if you arrive late you may not have anywhere to park they need more parking!

greatnwriversgs
04-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Yes the parking is god awful.. my boat is 103 in wide and last year I literally could not get to launch my boat... I was blocked

Duroboat Rider
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Merwin is a great fishery and some of us have pulled our first really big koks out of that beautiful lake!!! The lake above Merwin, Yale is another great lake and a place to see. The koks tend to run smaller than Merwin, yet the limit is 15 a person so that helps to make up the difference as well as support spending the extra gas to drive down. Yale's main launch does not open till around Memorial Day. Both lakes offer beautiful scenery and you just got to go!!!! 101chromefish101