PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Hot Shower....

Lundman
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Just kicking around the idea of installing a tank-less hot water heater in my lance camper.

I hate having to wait 30 mins to take a Hot shower when I'm fishing, hunting or camping. I have to find a new way....

So my camper has the water pump, propane, and shower.... but have that little water heater that pretty much sucks... too long to get the hot stuff...

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/EZ-101-Tankless-Water-Heater/dp/B003327HDK/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3

So what'ca think - can I have hot water on demand in my camper with one of these? If I pull out the 5 gallon water tank, and hook the water and propane to the unit. Turn on the pump and should have instant hot water....

SuperD
04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
What is the actual propane demand? I bet it is a gas hog. But spoiling yourself is never cheap.

Full_Monte
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I haven't installed one of these in my camper, but I've installed similar units in houses about 4 times. Read the installation manual BEFORE you buy it. Sometimes, these units require large flue pipes, unless it is direct-vented.
Also, check dimensions. I don't think this would fit in my camper where the current water heater is. They do heat up water fast and don't use propane when the hot water is off. I'm not sure if it would save on propane.