PDA

View Full Version : Getting scent stains out

DLM
04-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Has anyone found a way to get the scent stains out of their boat?

A major manufacturer of scent told me Simple Green, nope, did not work.

Then they told me use WD-40, nope!

I have read elsewhere to use Ajax, Borax or Castol Super Clean which is sometype of purple cleaner but I have tried them yet. These postings were from 2006 so maybe something better has been found by now.

If anyone has a cleaner that has worked for them please tell us about it.

SuperD
04-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Are you talking about carpet or what materials are the stain in?

DLM
04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
My problem is with stains on the interior paint on an Alumaweld.

SuperD
04-03-2011, 12:21 PM
My problem is with stains on the interior paint on an Alumaweld.
Sounds like you've tried quite a few things already. I've got 2 things for your to try. Dawn dish washing soap is one of the best grease cutters out there. Put some on a stain and let it soak. The other things that I've had luck with cleaning difficult stains is the Mr. Clean Miracle sponge. If neither of these work, I'd assume the oils from the scent have been absorbed by the paint and you're screwed!

MMDON
04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you've tried quite a few things already. I've got 2 things for your to try. Dawn dish washing soap is one of the best grease cutters out there. Put some on a stain and let it soak. The other things that I've had luck with cleaning difficult stains is the Mr. Clean Miracle sponge. If neither of these work, I'd assume the oils from the scent have been absorbed by the paint and you're screwed!

Might add Hydrogen Peroxide to the list Dave gave you. It does sound like the scent has impregnated the paint.

DLM
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I picked up some "Super Clean" at Ace Hardware this afternoon, it comes in a purple spray bottle and gallon jugs, I got the spray bottle.

This stuff works fantastic, better than I could have hoped for. I had some major stains and I just sprayed it on, hit it with a scrub brush and it was gone. I am not even sure I needed the brush, a sponge would have worked just as well. This stuff made everywhere I cleaned look just like new. Years of stains I had tried to get off were gone in seconds.