PDA

View Full Version : Fired Up!

Kokanee Kid
04-01-2011, 11:50 PM
So today I find out at 6:30am that I do no get to go to work Friday night. My blood begins to boil. The thoughts of seeing Paul’s kokes from down south and the reports from friends closer to home. First stop is to get a new license. And then home, on the way call my partner in crime to see if he wants’ to take the boat out. I feel crushed when he tells me he is going to go fish the Cowlitz. About 30min. later my phone rings, he had a change of mind. I'm thinking sweet, but first things first. Home I go and with some negotiation with the wife I get the green light. Drop the youngest off at Uncles house to go camping and the to the store. This seems to be taking forever! At least I bought myself a six pack.....Not bad at 92 centcs a can!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/pics001.jpg
Back home to unload and load up bait and gear. We I get to my buddies he all hooked up and ready................sweet! We launched at American a little before noon, are the fish guna bite? After all one of my hommies was out earlier and had three hook-up's. I hope for just a few chances at some koke's and I would be happy. The lake is like glass, overcast, low clouds, and just a sprinkle. But first thing I notice before we launch is fish on the surface. After running the big motor for a bit after it's long winter's nap the skipper pick's a starting location. I begin the process of setting up. I deploy the skip's rod first. Thirty five pulls out and I turn my head to ask the skip how deep he wants it, even tho it's not on the rigger yet. Before I could get the words out of my mouth I feel a hard yank..............yank. Bam! I yell "fish on". Skip say's "what?" I repeat myself. He say's "no way!" I tell him to come get his rod. And so it begins.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/pics005.jpg
Over the next two hours we have a blast, and also pick up the skip's brother. I also had a potential thief, and let me tell ya this dude got real close!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/pics003.jpg
I could not believe I almost crackered a fish by bird. We went 15-19, and I will admit 3 of the lost fish was by me. We also had three fire drills, that mean's doubles! Not bat for two hours of fishing!
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/pics008.jpg
So you may be asking "what were you using? How deep were you?"
I'll tell ya:

Bahama mama dodger
Pink uv squid 12"-14" leader
Pink uv apex
Pink wedding ring w/silver blade
DNA white shoepeg corn and pink gulp maggots
35 pulls back 7'-8' down
or flat line 45-50 pulls back

FISH ON!!!!!

On a side note, if this makes no sense at all, please cut me some slack I have been up for 24 hours. I'm guna go drool on my pillow now!

autorick
04-02-2011, 12:04 AM
NICE! What lake were you on? The weather where I am at is going to be rain and lots of wind; maybe next weekend!?!

sawtooth
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Congrates on a great day. Loved the story and Pics. 101goodpost101

eenakoK
04-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Very nice sir! Thanks for the information and pics! Also, thanks for the constant texts today to make me very jealous! I hope the fish are as cooperative in the morning so I can post a report like that!

MackPrince
04-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Great report Kid. Very well written, and use of photos. Sounds like you made the best out of the day.awesomereport

bob r
04-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Great report, wild with the fish so close to the surface, but even when we've marked and caught fish at 45 ft. at American, with a flatlined 3rd rod off the back and a silver little cleo that rod produced as much as the downriggers! Glad to see such good fishing so early in the year. Bob R

Kokanee Kid
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Thank's for the comments guys!

autorick: I was at American Lake

sawtooth: Tank you, it was a hoot!

eenakok: Always good to talk to ya, even though as I wright this I know you are out koke fishing!!!!!!!!

MackPrince: Thank's, the funny thing is, sitting at the skips place it was pissing down rain. He looks at me and says "ya know this is your idea". I tell him "wait a minute, you said yes, so that makes it our idea". Hea says "no way! Your idea!" Best idea I had all month signfishin

bob r: It was easy pickins. Go-get-em!

Kokanee-Toni
04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Very nice sir! Thanks for the information and pics! Also, thanks for the constant texts today to make me very jealous! I hope the fish are as cooperative in the morning so I can post a report like that!

Great report KK.

He tried to make me jealous to but I like to get fishing texts while I work. It is like watching Hawg Quest when I can't fish.

kokanee_slayer
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Kokanee Kid,
Outstanding Report! Way to kick some butt! Just wish I could have stayed on the lake long enough to watch the show. worthy12

Mav186
04-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Awesome report and GREAT picture of the rod and fish!!

smokin' Kokes
04-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Mnnnnn Mnnn good report and my favorite meal

big fat kokes and white shoepeg corn, YUMMY

Kokanee Kid
04-03-2011, 08:41 AM
After a late night yesterday, I thought I would look thru the pic's I took. I found this pic and thought it was a good one.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/pics007a.jpg

Kokanee Kid
04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
kokanee slayer: Wish we would have seen ya on the water too, maybe next time.

Mav186: Thank's

smokin' Kokes: I love to catch them and eat them too!!

TrollNFisher
04-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Nice fish and a great story got a good laugh.