PDA

View Full Version : 3/27/2011 AMERICAN lake kokanee

KOK head
03-28-2011, 12:52 AM
My 7yr old and I woke up this morning, ran a few errands and then decided to hit up American Lake for the kokanee. The weather wasn't summer yet, light to mild wind gusts out of the east and light rain. Upon arrival to the south end, free parking... there was a few empty trailers parked. We launched the boat and began to head north bound. We rigged the first set up, which was a plain red and silver wedding ring, tipped with a crawler at 20ft. The other set up was my set up from last year that always slayed them nananana at 10ft below the surface. Within 15min.... fish on! Therefore, I switched the other pole to the same set up. As I was doing this, fish were surfacing everywhere, so I put both set ups at 5ft below the surface and wham bam thank you ma'm ...... within 2hrs, my son and I had our limit of kokanee. My speed was 0.9 mph - 1.3mph/5ft down off the riggers and 25 to 30 pulls back. Those slippery suckers are in brine and will be smoked as soon as they are marinated! grub on!

signfishin

101chromefish101

eenakoK
03-28-2011, 01:08 AM
you killed them as usual! Nice job! Man, I guess I will have to break down and get those flashers... more moeny to spend :)

Winterun
03-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Kok Head,
Nice job! I was out there also! My first serious go at Kokes this season. I didn't realize they didn't open the gate on the south end until 7am I had to wait 30 mins. I guess it will be that way until the 31st, then on April 1st it will open at 5am.
We ended up with 8 kokes, a rainbow(released) and 3 long line release's so a couple shy of 2 full limits, but it was nice to get back on American!
Nice fish for this time of year, 12" to 14" and it's early!!! It's going to be a good season out there!!!

See you on the water,
Winterun

eenakoK
03-28-2011, 02:38 AM
Kok Head,
Nice job! I was out there also! My first serious go at Kokes this season. I didn't realize they didn't open the gate on the south end until 7am I had to wait 30 mins. I guess it will be that way until the 31st, then on April 1st it will open at 5am.
We ended up with 8 kokes, a rainbow(released) and 3 long line release's so a couple shy of 2 full limits, but it was nice to get back on American!
Nice fish for this time of year, 12" to 14" and it's early!!! It's going to be a good season out there!!!

See you on the water,
Winterun

Winterrun -
Thats good news! man - I gotta get a hitch for my van! Until then, I will be bumming rides until then! Thanks for the report! I belive it is going to be an awesome season!

David

TrollNFisher
03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
My 7yr old and I woke up this morning, ran a few errands and then decided to hit up American Lake for the kokanee. The weather wasn't summer yet, light to mild wind gusts out of the east and light rain. Upon arrival to the south end, free parking... there was a few empty trailers parked. We launched the boat and began to head north bound. We rigged the first set up, which was a plain red and silver wedding ring, tipped with a crawler at 20ft. The other set up was my set up from last year that always slayed them nananana at 10ft below the surface. Within 15min.... fish on! Therefore, I switched the other pole to the same set up. As I was doing this, fish were surfacing everywhere, so I put both set ups at 5ft below the surface and wham bam thank you ma'm ...... within 2hrs, my son and I had our limit of kokanee. My speed was 0.9 mph - 1.3mph/5ft down off the riggers and 25 to 30 pulls back. Those slippery suckers are in brine and will be smoked as soon as they are marinated! grub on!

signfishin

101chromefish101

Good report and thanks for the info. I was out there yesterday, only caught 3 man you slayed them.

kokanee_slayer
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Right On Kok head!!!! worthy12 Thanks for the report. So did your son out fish Dad? Plan to be out there on Saturday.

MackPrince
03-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Where's the "like" button.

You guys are making me want to have some time out on the water.101cheers101

oldguy43
03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Fished American march 28th. Windy and cold, 7 take downs 5 fish in boat fished down to 40 feet. green wedding ring and white corn 15 inches behind red slingblade flasher...

kokanee_slayer
03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice Work oldguy and thanks for the info!!! We plan to make a run at it on Saturday.

eenakoK
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Fished American march 28th. Windy and cold, 7 take downs 5 fish in boat fished down to 40 feet. green wedding ring and white corn 15 inches behind red slingblade flasher...

Nice going! Thanks for sharing the report! Trying it Sat with Koke_Slayer!

kokanee_slayer
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Haven't been doing nearly as well as you guys so just maybe by going with eenakok, I'll get my Mojo back.

Kokanee Kid
04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Right on 101ok101

Duroboat Rider
04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Ran into Kokanee_Slayer today on the water early this morning around 7 was very calm with water temp at 44.8 degrees. Put out one rod on the top no takers yet had the other rod at 15 ft and was the first to get hit. Hit the rest of the fish from 25 ft to 10 ft utilizing the downriggers to get the limit along with 5 long distant releases.

Hoochie and dodger using solid pink, and uv haze. Rocky Mountain tackle squid, and Shasta Pee wee squid. Berkley Gulp maggots and DNA Kokanee scent. trolling 1.0 to 1.5 and had better luck on the higher speeds. 101chromefish101

KOK head
04-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Sweet how long to get your limit? phat little hogs they are! :)

kokanee_slayer
04-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Ran into Kokanee_Slayer today on the water early this morning around 7 was very calm with water temp at 44.8 degrees. Great to meet you Duroboat Rider. I'm off to a slow start this season; same as last year. Caught two and lost one.