PDA

View Full Version : New Utah Law

Bduck
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Utah Governor Signs Two Important Pro-Gun Bills into Law!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yesterday, March 21, Governor Gary Herbert signed House Bill 75 and House Bill 214 into law.

HB 75, sponsored by state Representative Curtis Oda (R-14), clarifies where law-abiding citizens may possess and carry firearms near schools. HB 75 limits the definition of “school premises,” for the purpose of firearm possession restrictions, to the grounds of elementary and secondary schools and institutions of higher education and within the actual buildings of preschools and child-care facilities.

HB 214, also sponsored by Representative Curtis Oda, adjusts the fees charged for Concealed Firearm Permits from $35 new and $10 renewal to $29.75 new and $15 renewal. The NRA has been advocating for this adjustment for a few years to align the fees charged for the permits with the actual costs associated with issuance.

trollmonkey
03-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Gov. Herbert sounds like a good man,want to trade governors ? We'll give you NC gov Purdue and a ton of NC barbeque.101ok101

Bduck
03-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Ah yes, the old west still lives some.

DexterSamuel
02-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Can anyone tell me is this affect the federal version? Thanks.

Kokaholic
02-13-2012, 07:21 AM
I don't think state law can supersede federal law. They can be even or the same, but not supersede

gonefishing
02-15-2012, 10:16 PM
State law can be more restrictive. If the state law, that is if it is viewed more liberal granting citizens more freedom than a more restricive federal law, will likely be vetted in court compliments of our warm and fuzzy Federal justice department. New state laws could ultimately end up as a States Rights battle.

Luckly local and state law enforcement should be enforcing state law at the direction of the State legislature and Govenor.

Go Freedom!

DexterSamuel
04-05-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't think state law can supersede federal law. They can be even or the same, but not supersede

Hi.., thanks for your response! Yes, federal law supersedes state laws and it is superseded by the US Constitution. That's why if any issues not resolved in state court then it goes to the supreme court.