PDA

View Full Version : Boat trailers in Idaho

AFDan52
03-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey guys, What are the boat trailering laws in Idaho? I am in Ogden, Utah and if I decide to come your way to fish for Kokes I don't want to get in trouble for not having something right on my trailer. Whats the take on out of State trailers, I don't need plates on my trailer here ?

metalheadgene
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
I could not find anything talking to out of state trailers traveling through the state but the the requirement for trailers in the state is clear....

Boat trailer registration is required in Idaho. Titling is required on boat trailers weighing over 2,000 lbs.

BorntoFish01
03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
My guess along those lines is that you go with the rules of your state of residence. I can't believe that you'd be required to get Idaho tags on your boat trailer when you're a resident of Utah and that's where your towing vehicle and boat are registered.

fishingmom
03-20-2011, 04:21 PM
don't forget to buy your idaho invasive species sticker ($22) - if your boat is registered in another state your boat is required to have one to come into idaho....

AFDan52
03-20-2011, 06:11 PM
fishingmom, thanks for the reminder of the invasive sticker.

Thanks for all of your help.

TrophyBoat
03-20-2011, 10:44 PM
well I don't know if you already got the info you need but heres my experience with fishing up there over the last few years on the salmon river, ririe reservoir, and cheserfield reservoir
- mandatory stop(during the warmer seasons) at the rest stop after you enter idaho before malad for a full on visual inspection and questioning like you would receive at the boat ramp here in utah.

-Invasive species sticker required for your boat .

-occasionally stopped at lake for compliance of boating/safety laws and invasive species sticker. If you pass all parts and they will issue you another sticker stating so that you are "compliant" and not to be stopped again while launching.

-

AFDan52
03-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks trophyboat that helps a lot.