PDA

View Full Version : 2 pole permit

spoons
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi there,

As I was checking out the Oregon non resident fees for this year... I just noticed that in Oregon, kids can use 2 poles with no permits/licenses as long as the water allows for 2 pole permits...

Can kids fish with more than one 1 fishing pole in idaho?

I can't seem to find the answer on the F&G wbsite.

MMDON
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I'll do some checking . . .

MMDON
03-19-2011, 10:14 PM
The legislature just passed this law and it sucks. They should be ashamed as kids under the age of 14 should have all the rights of adults to fish and retain fish and use 2 rods. I guess Utah rubbed off on them. (Angry)

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
HEADQUARTERS NEWS RELEASE
Boise, ID

Date: July 7, 2008
(208) 334-3700

rules change for two pole permits

The legislature this winter amended existing law to allow anglers exempt from buying a fishing license to buy a two-pole permit.

The change went into effect July 1 and allows children who aren't required to have a fishing license to fish with two poles, similar to provisions for steelhead and salmon permits.

Previously, to fish with two poles, anglers had to buy a "validation" on their fishing license. But that did not allow anyone exempt from having a fishing license, primarily children, to fish with two poles.

Idaho Fish and Game wanted to allow anyone who wanted to fish with two poles to do so, even though they may not have a fishing license. Changing the validation on the fishing license to a separate permit allowed this.

Idaho resident children under 14 are not required to buy a fishing license, but now they can buy a two-pole permit. Unlicensed nonresident children under the age of 14 also may buy a two-pole permit if they are accompanied by a valid fishing license holder. Any fish caught by the nonresident child, however, would be included in the bag and possession limit of the license holder.

The bill passed the House and the Senate unanimously.

Mojo
03-20-2011, 12:34 AM
"Date: July 7, 2008

The change went into effect July 1 and allows children who aren't required to have a fishing license to fish with two poles, similar to provisions for steelhead and salmon permits."

I read that to say kids without a license CAN fish with 2 poles... I know kids can buy a salmon tag and a steelhead tag without a license, allowing them to keep their own fish.

MMDON
03-20-2011, 09:30 AM
The legislature this winter amended existing law to allow anglers exempt from buying a fishing license to buy a two-pole permit.

It allows out of state kids to buy a two pole permit but the fish go on the license holders daily bag and possession unless they buy the child a license as well.