PDA

View Full Version : Lake Roosevelt 3/17/11

Mav186
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I will be fishing Roosevelt and Rufus this coming weekend. The trips I’ve taken to this area are some of the most special and memorable ones I have. If anyone has any recent information, that they would not mind passing on, I’ll check it out. I plan to stay fairly low (Swawilla and below) in the Lake for silver, looking for the ‘chum lines’, current breaks and surface activity. I’m also going to experiment with a side planer for the first time too. Any tips or feedback using them? I made some lures up and will try to post up, and of course a report (good or bad) will follow! All input welcome by all. 101saveme101

William Dewey
03-16-2011, 02:37 AM
I am not sure I can add much to your knowledge -but- last year I fished it about 3 weeks later and am going 1st week in April so I am interested in how you do. what worked for me last year was a hand painted WE-Tad lure, Olive on top, chartreuse with black spots on side, cream color belly. trolled with only 2 colors out of leadcore with 50 ft. of 8lb leader and a shasta dodger white with pink sprayed down the center. I got fish till I lost the lure. My partner, who usually
catches his share blanked. I have used that lure successfully everywhere.
I change the hooks to 2 red Gamakatsu a couple of small glow beads and 2 Berkley Gulp maggots. Add Krill scent..........Good Luck

Mav186
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the idea WD...I've never used a set-up like that, but may have to give it a go!