PDA

View Full Version : LBC ?'s

sjones
03-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Is anyone fishing it yet? Or has anybody fished it yet? Not just for Bull Trout.

dawson1922
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
on Sat. we didn't have are trible permits so we fished by the mouth of the deschutes. We were out from 7-3 till we got are limit, it was long cold day. Sunday was much better including the weather. We picked up are trible permits and fished by the island on the metolius. We caught all the fish around 50' range mostly off pink hoochies and a few off orange spin and glow wedding rings. We were out from 7-9. didn't pay attention to water temp our measure the fish. I know its not saying much, but the fish look a litle bigger than last year. All the fish we caught had little worm leech things on them, does anybody know what thats about?

sjones
03-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Thank you for the report. As for the worms they are parasite that has shown up there. I was hoping that it would not be the case this year. If cooked properly you can eat the fish. That is your call.

Doc_Rhen
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
We fished on Sunday the March 26th. Headed straight up near Perry South. I run 4 sinker rods and 4 DR rods. We started by setting the sinker rods, after setting the first and moving to set the second, the first already had a fish on. Finished setting the second went to net the first and the second rod had a fish on. After 3 minutes of fishing we had 2 fish in the box and no rods in the water. Action was fast and furious for the next 2 hours or so when we completed the 30 fish limit for the 6 of us on board. Riggers were at 60, 50, 40, and 30'. Had 2 rods with 2oz and 2 rods with 1oz all with 50' of line out. Fished purple, pink, green, watermelon and orange dodgers chased either with spinners or hoochies in complementary colors and everything caught fish. Watermelon and purple probably a bit better than others and orange and pink a bit slower. I measured the first 2 fish out of the bucket at the fillet station and they were 10-11.25" which I think was a pretty good sampling of their size. Some had parasites and some did not.

dawson1922
04-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I was out there on sunday also. Sounds like we fished with about the same gear. There was only 2 of us so are 10 came pretty quick. We also caught one really nice bull trout 23". Did all i could do to strech out that needed inch but had to throw him back. That was my 6th time out and the fishing has been good everytime.

Doc_Rhen
04-05-2011, 03:46 AM
I was out there on sunday also. Sounds like we fished with about the same gear. There was only 2 of us so are 10 came pretty quick. We also caught one really nice bull trout 23". Did all i could do to strech out that needed inch but had to throw him back. That was my 6th time out and the fishing has been good everytime.

The kokes taste better anywaythumbsup. Well done.

kokaneekid
04-05-2011, 08:56 AM
We fished on Sunday the March 26th. Headed straight up near Perry South. I run 4 sinker rods and 4 DR rods. We started by setting the sinker rods, after setting the first and moving to set the second, the first already had a fish on. Finished setting the second went to net the first and the second rod had a fish on. After 3 minutes of fishing we had 2 fish in the box and no rods in the water. Action was fast and furious for the next 2 hours or so when we completed the 30 fish limit for the 6 of us on board. Riggers were at 60, 50, 40, and 30'. Had 2 rods with 2oz and 2 rods with 1oz all with 50' of line out. Fished purple, pink, green, watermelon and orange dodgers chased either with spinners or hoochies in complementary colors and everything caught fish. Watermelon and purple probably a bit better than others and orange and pink a bit slower. I measured the first 2 fish out of the bucket at the fillet station and they were 10-11.25" which I think was a pretty good sampling of their size. Some had parasites and some did not.

Thanks for the report sounds like a great trip... Looks like LBC is going to be fishing better this year.. How bad was the parasite issue that the fish at LBC have been dealing with?

Fish On kokaneekid

dawson1922
04-05-2011, 08:21 PM
almost all the fish that we have caught have had the worms on them. They scrape off pretty easy with your fillet knife when cleaning. They have said the fish are fine to eat. we smoked them, they tasted fine and i havn't got sick yet. I still kinda gives me the creeps.