PDA

View Full Version : Let the FUN begin!!!!

Mr. D
03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Since I know that most California "kokeheads" are chomping at the bit for our season to start, me included, let s get some feedback on what we hope will be another banner year with all the water we recieved. What waters you plan to target and some predictions on your favorite home lake based on last years or prievious seasons. Here is some of mine. What say you????

Pardee: What I hope for, BIGGER KOKES, Don't we all!! Reality is, once again plenty of fish, slightly bigger than last, 11-12 inches more common. Lot's of 10's!!!

Bullards Bar: It's been a dead sea for a few years now but there have been some positive (confirmed) reports lately of some kokes to 11 inches already landed. Let's hope it holds out and we get our fishery back.

Stampede: It should be another good year, similar to last as long as the water stays in the lake.

New Melones: Based on the size of the "next years" kokes we caught late last season and the amount we saw, New Melones should produce just like last year but with more 16 & 17 inch fish than last with more 18's being caught later on.

Berryessa: How can you beat last year as far as size and this year will prove to be no different. Lot's of 14 & 15's and 16 to 17 inch kokes common and larger kokes to 19 to 20 a bit later on.

Union Valley (UVR): For a few years now I've heard the complaints that the koke fishing is on the decline and yes, it's not what it was just a few years ago, but there are still good kokes and plenty of them. Based on the amount of small "next years" fish we were seeing last season, UVR should be better than last. Our average last year was 12-14 inches with a few up to 17.5. The size might not change much but there should be more of them. We need to thin the "rat mack's", catch'em & keep'em!!!

Mark

SuperD
03-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Mark, I've never fished Pardee for Kokes because of the reported size but figure I could always invite a couple people for a boat ride so I could get 20 of them. Where do you fish Pardee for the Kokes?

Mr. D
03-13-2011, 07:20 PM
SD,

Pardee is a great place to learn how to target kokes because of their numbers. I'm surprised you've never fished there for kokes!! It's also a great place to take kids since on most days the action is consistant and keeps them busy.
I always start early in the year fishing from the river mouth up, checking all large coves along the way.
Once the water warms, the river mouth, rock wall and main lake toward the dam & the south buoy line.
Small pink spinners & RGT's and don't forget the white grubs, HA HA HA!!

Mark

HiTechKoke
03-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Two years ago late spring the fish were literally from the 5mph zone to up river for Pardee. You can never go wrong starting from the river mouth upwards. It's never too much work to get a limit and always good for kids and family for lots of action...albeit with a smaller class of fish.

I like the predictions on the other lakes...seems reasonable.

Kevin