PDA

View Full Version : new member from Elma, WA

bob r
03-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Name is bob, glad to find your site, lots of great info. My wife Melane and I fish mainly in Lake Quinalt and Lake Nauwatzal but we do get to American Lake for Kokes and have made it to Merwin a few times.We fished Lake Shasta last year for rainbows one day (6 nice fish from the McCloud arm) and Kokes the next, Only picked up one koke but it was a nice one. Looking for all the info we can get on Wallawa as we are planning a trip down there in May or June, we fish out of an Old Town 15 ft. flat back canoe with a 4 hp. 4 stroke outboard, stable boat but open to the elements. We use a cannon mini troll downrigger although we will prob. hook up our Penn Fathommaster for Wallawa.We use shasta tackle dodgers as well as sepps and the other brands, we also use apex's. My last trip to American Lake last summer I used a 3rd rod way behind the downrigger with a flat lined silver little cleo that paid off as well as the downrigger! Downrigger was at 45 ft. Thanks for a great site. Bob r

SmokeOnTheWater
03-09-2011, 09:59 PM
101welcomw Bob & Melane

WOW - Anglers form the Great Northwest are joining by leaps and bounds!

This is THE BEST 101chromefish101 WEBSITE in the WORLD. What makes it the BEST? Fishermen & fisherwomen who love to share good company and good stories. Looking forward to hearing more from you and don't forget pictures.

kokaneekid
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Welcome Bob looking forward to reading some great reports from you and your wife...

101welcomw

Fish On kokaneekid

SilverBullets
03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Welcome aboard Bob!thumbsup

eenakoK
03-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Welcome aboard! Maybe we will see you out on American someday!

MackPrince
03-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks for joining the forum Bob.
-Mack

bob r
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, we are glad to join such a great info-sharing site. We'll be posting a lot on the non-koke threads as the koke fishing at Summit Lake (which is right down the road from us ) has suffered greatly in the 30 years or so that I've fished that lake from parasitical infestations of both the trout and Kokanee there. Large trout do not seem to show up as holdovers, fish biologist from the state told me that it's such a cold deep lake the fish don't survive ,long term. I don't really see the sense in that , we don't fish for trout there any more as the skin warts from parasites (copopods?) on the trout is extensive after the end of June. The koke fishing really slowed down a number of years ago, the state does't stock kokes like they used to due to the parasites. We hit Lake Nawatzul and Lake Quinalt reg. as they are closer to home, although American is good to us for Kokes, we just try not to eat too many of them as the water quality is not as clean as our two favorites. Quinalt is a hoot as we can keep Dollies there, the Cuts are native, and other fishermen are relatively few. Thanks again, Bob and Melanie