PDA

View Full Version : Glow +

ReelJerks
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM
We all know the advantages of using GLOW (phosphorescent) baits in low-to-no light conditions, and also the edge we get with UV baits. I can paint spoons either way, or both ways if I paint both sides. These work deep and they work dark.

Recently I won a Storm bait in a small raffle. I took this interesting bait into a dark room about 7 pm last nite and hit it with the 'black-light' and she lit up as I suspected. What I really liked, but didn't expect, I found walking down the dark hallway back to the den. The bait was still glowing as if it had a small LED inside. This morning when I awoke at 5 am, this little bait was still glowing, although quite faint.

What do they use? Not all 'glow' paints/beads/blades/bodies can be charged with UV light, and some won't react to UV light. Some 'glows' must be charged/excited with bright light. And, UV certainly does not glow in the dark without the presence of UV light to reflect.

This seems like the best of both worlds to me. One lure to serve two specific areas of fishing.

I'm going to try and duplicate this effect with a few different processes, but I could use a clue if anyone has one.

Edd

Bug_Spin_Dokta
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
try this. glowinc.com

These were the first lures i did.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183797_197523673609776_151332484895562_645201_4829 386_n.jpg

fernand@
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
glow in the dark lures are very effective for night fishing because the fish could see the lure better but after a while they do loose brightness when that happens i recharge them by adding another coat of paint or if you have a flashlight shine the flashlight to the lure for 5 to 10 minutes and it should regain its glow

kelson
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
BSD>>>>thanks much for the link. this stuff looks incredible. I'm just getting into painting and have an order coming from Hagen's. I will definitely order some of this for a base coat. Do you put it over white primer?
Thanks
K

Bug_Spin_Dokta
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
BSD>>>>thanks much for the link. this stuff looks incredible. I'm just getting into painting and have an order coming from Hagen's. I will definitely order some of this for a base coat. Do you put it over white primer?
Thanks
K

No problem. Base coat is Opaque White Createx.

DLM
02-24-2011, 11:33 PM
I got some glow paint from glow inc and it was very gritty, like it had grains of sand it it.