PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

davkrat
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Wanted to introduce myself. I grew up fishing for Kokanee with my Grandfather on Paulina lake. We would regularly spend 2 weeks up there every summer. Used to troll for trout and fly fish all over the Sierras and some of the large reservoirs of California. Haven't really trolled for anything in the last 10 years since my grandpa died but a recent move to the Mother Lode area I figured I better take advantage of being so close to Melones, Don Pedro, etc.

I am absolutley obsessed with making my own outdoor gear. I've been carving my own decoys for duck hunting for a few years now and have been tying flies since I was around 8 years old. If I have the slightest chance of making something half way decent I will DIY it over buy it every time. Looks like there's a bunch of folks on here that share the obsession for "rolling your own".

Tons of info on here and seems a lot has changed in the last few decades. Looking forward to learning fromthe wealth of knowledge.

Bduck
02-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Welcome aboard davkrat. The tackle craft board is a good place for your inventions for catching kokes. Where do you live now?

SilverBullets
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome davkrat! Looking forward to seeing a few of yours creations. signfishin

SmokeOnTheWater
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
101welcomw DAVKRAT

Some of the best ideas come from garage inventors and with many of us trying to save money for the next trips gas $$$, DIY becomes natural. Can't wait to see what you want to share.