PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

Kokanme
02-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Wanted to start this off right and say hi so ... HI! 101wave2101
I'm pretty new, no I'm brand spankin' new to kokanee fishing having only done it once but I do remember the rush I got when the bite was on. That was probably 20 yrs ago when I was with a buddy at Bullards Bar Reservoir and I've been wanting to get back to it ever since.
I finally bought myself an older (67) 12 ft valco 2 seasons ago and put a 9.9, 4 stroke Yamaha on it last season. I want to have access to the higher lakes in this area and with gas prices, more fuel efficiency.
So now, while I'm not pining away for DST and Spring to begin, I'm filling my cranial storehouse with as much info and tips on downrigging ( which I've never done), lures, dodgers, lake turnover, etc, etc, as I can ... my addictive personality has found a new outlet and my lovely bride thinks I've gone over the brink.
But she's also wanting fish, kokes and trout to be exact, so I can easily justify my obsession.
I spent most of my time last season throwing plastics to smallmouths at Bullards with my pastor/fishing partner, he likes the fight of those fish. I'm hoping I can get him interested in Kokanee as well. I think with the right rod, he'd have just a good a time as I know I will.
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum. In the short time I've been hanging around, I've picked up a lot of really key tips and strategies for what I hope will be a successful season and I look forward to posting those successes !

SmokeOnTheWater
02-21-2011, 06:53 AM
101welcomw Kokanme

With a pastor/fishing partner and the better half enjoying the catch, how can you go wrong? WOW, divine intervention and support from the home front - that kind of scenario doesn't present itself very often. worthy12 laugh hyst

Bduck
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
101welcomw Kokanme. Your in the right place to fill the cranium full of kokanee know how. It beats getting skull cramps.