PDA

View Full Version : new member intro

yimmee
02-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi my name is jeromy (yimmee), am im a kokanee addicttooexcited.I hear this is a good place to get help for my addiction.Well i think i'll start with how it all began. About 4 years ago i bought a 16' smokercraft ospry that was set up for kokanee, and the guy was nice enough to even throw in poles, and rigs into the deal. Fast forward to last year, after a cluster F of a springer season with only 1 fish to show for it, I wanted to get out and catch some fish. I was thinking about going trout fishing, and where to go. My wife wanted to go to lake merwin,she had gone there many times with her grandpa and loved it.with me wanting to get her into fishing with me , I said ok, but im not sure how to catch kokenee. so I dug out the downrigers, grabed the pole that came with the boat, and dug around to find the gear also.That nite I did a little resurch.we headed out the next morning to merwin, hooked up one pole with what i knew whould work for trout ford fenders and a old wedding ring, and the other with a shata sling blade and a wiggly hochie. I set the D/R to a depth of 20 foot and went trolling,expecting not to much more than a nice CALM day on the water(springer fishing is anything but). well about 15 min later my wife say, jer whats up with that pole! Wholy Crap thats a fishtooexcited.we got 7 that day and ever sence that we have been heading up there when we can , even sneaking in the weakday trip now and then. Well that where it all began, and i am proud to call my self a kokanee addict !!! 101chromefish101

SmokeOnTheWater
02-18-2011, 12:28 PM
101welcomw Yimmee

This is a GREAT place to hear comments from anglers of all experience levels. As in most chats around the water cooler, you need to learn to wade through the BS at times. Sounds like you received a wonderful introduction to koke fishing. My wife too loves to chase these acrobats but only when the weather is nice. What am I gonna do to get her to bundle up and chase the spring and early fall bites? Mid June to mid August is about her limit. We all look forward to hearing your early Spring reports as we are still waiting for the ice to melt.
tongue2

SilverBullets
02-18-2011, 02:08 PM
101goodpost101Welcome to KFF Jeromy....you came to the right place for your new addiction! Check back over last years reports and if you have any questions just hollar.

eenakoK
02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
101welcomw
Enjoy your stay!

Bluknight
02-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Welcome aboard - lots of great folks with good advice on this board. Several fish Yale and Merwin including myself.

Funny how these addiction groups seem to find people with similar stories. I too tired of the springer game last year and only got one before giving up on the traffic. I hit Merwin the first week in April last year, but I think it might start earlier because the seasons as they are set up should flood the river earlier.

I'm normally up on Merwin or Yale on the week days but can be found on a few weekend trips when the wife gets in the mood (for fishing that is!). I'm sporting a new white Hewescraft Searunner with an offshore bracket. Feel free to stop by and we can trade the hot lure secret for the day!

MackPrince
02-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Welcome Yimee. I look forward to some reports and pics of yer success this year.
-Mack

Bduck
02-19-2011, 06:49 AM
101welcomw Jeromy 101welcomw

Koke-n-a-smile
02-19-2011, 11:26 AM
101welcomw
Hey, glad you joined up! This is a great group and are always willing to share!

Kokonuts
02-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome, You can meet a lot of Kokanee addicts here!

Next time you come down to Lake Merwin give me a P. M., I fish the lake a LOT!

Kokonuts signfishin

Petty4life
02-19-2011, 12:01 PM
101welcomwsignfishin101welcomw

Kokaholic
02-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard, your now a sick possesed individual with a Kokanee fishing problem like most the rest of us here are. Hope this place will help you to further your fishing skills and hone the ones that you have.

smokin' Kokes
02-19-2011, 07:34 PM
yimme,
you got the disease really good and there is no cure except catch more koke.
has to be something in the waters in Lk. Merwin? those silvery shiny torpedos dancing across the surface with the line and lure flopping?
I got infected 50 year ago and just getting sicker. now even have to take a couple weeks away from home several times a year to feed my addition

no hope for us.
stay away from all tackle shops and online kokanee gear sellers.
will make your wallet bleed and the wife cry.

see ya at Merwin about the first of April
20' white Trophy walkaround cabin, sinking from all the tackle boxes and poles.

cliff

AFDan52
02-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome yimme, hey you don't happen to know jimmy the tulip by chance, LOL. Glad to have you aboard.