PDA

View Full Version : Causey Kokes 2-12-11

TrophyBoat
02-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, the girlfriend said a good valentines gift would be just to hang out and have fun so we went fishing.nananana
Got to causey at about 7:30am or so, walked out and got the tent set up.
Not too long and a school of kokes came through, I wiffed twice and the girlfriend went 1 for 1 on the school and it was gone. A few more misses for me on some bottom hugger trout and then the finder lit up like a christmas tree, miss, miss, miss for me as the girl iced another koke. We pulled our 2nd rods out of the water and focused on the other and shortly we had our limits of 10-12" kokes. The girl went 5 for 5 (one flopped back in the hole though), and for me......... I rather not say.
I looked at the clock and it said 8:40am, works for me she said, as we started packing up to leave and hang out where it was warm. NOT. We ended up stopping and tubing up in the ogden divide canyon. fun fun fun.

Petty4life
02-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice job bro.

TrophyBoat
02-14-2011, 12:01 AM
thanks. When do the cookies come in?

Petty4life
02-14-2011, 06:28 PM
thanks. When do the cookies come in?

march 7thnananana

northernfisher
02-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a good trip! My wife and I hit Causey on Valentines as well, didn't get there until 9:30 ice'd five kokes in between then and about 1:00 with schools coming through several times. I fish Causey pretty religiously and so far they've came through in the same area for the last three weeks so that's been nice but none of the 18 inchers that I caught last season.

What are the cookies if you don't mind me asking?

TrophyBoat
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Girl scout cookies.
Causey is a new water for me, I prefer porqupine but the kokes I have caught this ice season are not quite edible size so I switched to causey for this season.
No 18 inchers here either but that would be hoot to find a school of those. I definetly will be picking on the causey koke population this summer.

northernfisher
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Mmmmm We love Girl Scout cookies!