PDA

View Full Version : I made some for Kokes!!

Pogue
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought about trying to make a few for Kokanee. Figured that maybe if I had something that I could troll for them with, I might get out for them. I have never fished for them yet, but if these don't work maybe I'll just use them for trout or whatever might hit them? These are 2 1/4" long and about 1/2" in dia. at their widest. (I threw in a few that I made for this years Pink Salmon - they are not really that pink, the flash made 'em that way).

SilverBullets
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Those look like they should work!signfishin

SuperD
02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Those will absolutely work. Remember to use a long leader to allow for all the dancing that lure will do.

Bduck
02-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll 3rd it. Definate go getters. Purple works too.

SuperD
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Pogue, what do you call the netting pattern on the lures in the first picture? Paint up a pink body with white netting and another with a purple body and pink netting and I'd love to test them for you!

Pogue
02-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Pogue, what do you call the netting pattern on the lures in the first picture? Paint up a pink body with white netting and another with a purple body and pink netting and I'd love to test them for you!

Done. PM sent..

kelson
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Pogue,
Nice work. I especially like the pink one with the glow eye. Is there UV in that finish? There is a discussion of "dead" lures in the "red" thread in the general discussion forum. I have read of some folks having success fishing a "dead" lure about 18" behind wee tads. Might want to give it a try. The Perch finish is nice as well. Troll that along the 520 bridge in June, down about 20', about 75 - 100 feet behind the ball......Oh and hang on to your rod!
K

Pogue
02-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Pogue,
Nice work. I especially like the pink one with the glow eye. Is there UV in that finish? There is a discussion of "dead" lures in the "red" thread in the general discussion forum. I have read of some folks having success fishing a "dead" lure about 18" behind wee tads. Might want to give it a try. The Perch finish is nice as well. Troll that along the 520 bridge in June, down about 20', about 75 - 100 feet behind the ball......Oh and hang on to your rod!
K

Thanks Kelson - Hopefuly I'll have some time to give it a try! I've been wanting to get back into lake fishing but have been too busy.