PDA

View Full Version : Larger size "Lil Guy" Lure

Kokonuts
02-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I've been cleaning / sorting out all of last years gear and I found a larger size Lil Guy lure that I didnt know I had! Its about 2" long & made from a clear red plastic that you can see thru. It is the same shape just larger and made completely different than the smaller size.

The smaller size has caught several Kokanee for me & I think this one is perfect for Steelhead.

Do any of you out there know how to find out if they could be made again?

Kokonuts 101idea101

SuperD
02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't know how different all these Flat Fish imitations are but here is an item that Bduck found at Sportsmans Warehouse. He plans on trying his hand at painting them.

Bduck
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't know how different all these Flat Fish imitations are but here is an item that Bduck found at Sportsmans Warehouse. He plans on trying his hand at painting them.

For the price in a bargain tub of $1.77 ea., I couldn't resist getting these. I might even consider getting an air brush kit to do the painting.

SilverBullets
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Here's a few lures that look pretty close to those. These are Canadian Wigglers made of hollow brass.

Pogue
02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Did you paint those Canadian Wigglers?

SilverBullets
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Did you paint those Canadian Wigglers?

No...that's they way I got em. A friend of mine was going to market them here in the Northwest a few years back and gave me those to try out.

Bduck
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Here's a few lures that look pretty close to those. These are Canadian Wigglers made of hollow brass.

Those look like they would definately catch fish. Nice selection. Being of hollow brass, what kind of weight do they have?

SilverBullets
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Those look like they would definately catch fish. Nice selection. Being of hollow brass, what kind of weight do they have?

I think they're 1/4oz Rodger. Here's a listing off their website...
canadianwiggler.com

I have no idea if they catch anything... I've never got around to actually trying one.

Kokonuts
02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
This is great , glad to see so many of you working on "Stuff".

Silver Bullets, since you mentioned Brass lures I went back to the box of lures that I bought last year and found some home made lures. They are made from 1/8" & 1/4" tubing with the nose flat & tail flat and bent down to look like a flat fish bt they have a lot more bend in them.The body is left round. They have a small size wire running thru the nose to the rear with a small hook.

The box also has a few different plastic lures that are similar to a flat fish but with a groove on the top, one even has a fin on top. Looks like they tried several different shapes.

Kokonuts

Bduck
02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I think they're 1/4oz Rodger.
I have no idea if they catch anything... I've never got around to actually trying one.

Thanks SB. Cool site. Reasonably priced. They have a couple of different styles with some promise looking skin colors. These Lazy Ikes I have are all one color but I wanted to transform some into different colors. I like the weapons thats being presented here. 101goodpost101