PDA

View Full Version : kokaneekid's tackle box

kokaneekid
01-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Here are a few thing's I got tied up for the 2011 Kokanee season.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1443

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1446

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1444

Has anyone fished with a Aero-Drifter before? I like the looks of this one I did up and can't wait to get it wet...

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1447

Fish On kokaneekid

AFDan52
01-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Hey Kokaneekid, thats some very nice work, I think you'll do just fine with some of those. GOOD JOB.

William Dewey
01-30-2011, 01:11 AM
I have been making lures also. I guess I will have to get to Fry's and get
some new batteries for my camera. I admire some of your squid that I
don't have.

I have been experimenting with GLOW & UV used in different ways that
I haven't seen before.

See you in the spring, look for a beige colored 14ft Polar Craft w/ 25hp Yamaha
and blue Bimini top.

PS.
Met a young women at the Sportsmen show working in the Washington Lakes
booth that knows you and the locals that fish American lake....Bill Dewey

SuperD
01-30-2011, 10:15 AM
I like the gold wedding ring. With the orange hook, try an orange wing blade on the front to set it off. The aero drifter looks like a killer salmon or steelhead stream fly so I'm interested to hear how you do with it. It at first you don't succeed, maybe try a wiggle fin on it to see if it needs a little extra action.

Have you found any place to buy the wedding ring bands for less than a $1 a piece?

wallhead
01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Have you found any place to buy the wedding ring bands for less than a $1 a piece?[/QUOTE]

SHIPWRECKBEADS.COM IN LACEY, WASHINGTON. 27 CENTS EACH+ TAX AND SHIPPING

wallhead
01-30-2011, 11:27 AM
shipwreckbeads.com
TRY THIS

SuperD
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks Wallhead!

One more question for kokaneekid, where are you getting your squid skirts, specifically the blue & pink?

kokaneekid
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
I like the gold wedding ring. With the orange hook, try an orange wing blade on the front to set it off. The aero drifter looks like a killer salmon or steelhead stream fly so I'm interested to hear how you do with it. It at first you don't succeed, maybe try a wiggle fin on it to see if it needs a little extra action.

Have you found any place to buy the wedding ring bands for less than a $1 a piece?

During the fall salmon season I tied this up really short behind a oversized sling blade type dodger. I tied a egg loop knot on the hook and used kokanee eggs and half a shrimp. It has a great action on it and I got a couple silvers and a few jacks fishing with it, and then I started thinking about using it for kokanee... Ok I'm always thinking about what I'm going to use for kokanee fishing. When I picked up the silvers no one was catching anything and I had about ten boats come up asking me what I was using, I told them you don't have this in your tackle box.

The wedding rings I got from a craft store and they were around $1 a piece. The ban is wide and the jems are BIG. I'll take a picture of your normal wedding ring ban compared to these and post it later today.

Kokanee-Toni
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
I have been making lures also. I guess I will have to get to Fry's and get
some new batteries for my camera. I admire some of your squid that I
don't have.

I have been experimenting with GLOW & UV used in different ways that
I haven't seen before.

See you in the spring, look for a beige colored 14ft Polar Craft w/ 25hp Yamaha
and blue Bimini top.

PS.
Met a young women at the Sportsmen show working in the Washington Lakes
booth that knows you and the locals that fish American lake....Bill Dewey

I'm young? Well thank you much!

Kokanee-Toni
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
During the fall salmon season I tied this up really short behind a oversized sling blade type dodger. I tied a egg loop knot on the hook and used kokanee eggs and half a shrimp. It has a great action on it and I got a couple silvers and a few jacks fishing with it, and then I started thinking about using it for kokanee... Ok I'm always thinking about what I'm going to use for kokanee fishing. When I picked up the silvers no one was catching anything and I had about ten boats come up asking me what I was using, I told them you don't have this in your tackle box.

The wedding rings I got from a craft store and they were around $1 a piece. The ban is wide and the jems are BIG. I'll take a picture of your normal wedding ring ban compared to these and post it later today.

Hey kid, where is the picture of the different size.

kelson
02-18-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm interested in the pnk and orange hootchies as well. Kid, mind letting us know how you dyed them?
thanks in advance, K

kokaneekid
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm interested in the pnk and orange hootchies as well. Kid, mind letting us know how you dyed them?
thanks in advance, K

I don't dye any of my hoochies. I'll I do is call Robbie from R&K Tackle and let me know what custom colors I'm looking for. My favorite was a pink I got that had some purple on it. Man did that work great last year. If you PM me I can give you his phone number.

Fish On kokaneekid

kenamatic
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I picked a couple of those Aero-drifters up too. I had a couple friends using pink flies up on Roosevelt and did well. The flies looked alot like the Drifters. See you @ Crescent.

kokaneekid
04-15-2011, 12:22 PM
I picked a couple of those Aero-drifters up too. I had a couple friends using pink flies up on Roosevelt and did well. The flies looked alot like the Drifters. See you @ Crescent.

I can't wait.. I'm trying to get up their a few days early I'm shooting for the Wednesday before the derby.

kenamatic
04-16-2011, 06:12 PM
we will be there Thursday night before. See ya there

Winterun
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Kid,
Circle hooks? How are those working out for you?

Great choice on the flourescents hooks by the way!

Winterun

waxwhiz
05-07-2011, 02:55 PM
ebay....lots for cheap... look up "spacer beads" 5.99 free shipping for 40ea...Cheap

waxwhiz
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
5.99 for 40 "spacer beads" on ebay...free shipping ... lot's of sizes and colors...

Mudinchev
07-12-2011, 01:11 AM
I like the gold wedding ring. With the orange hook, try an orange wing blade on the front to set it off. The aero drifter looks like a killer salmon or steelhead stream fly so I'm interested to hear how you do with it. It wedding ring bands for less than a $1 a piece?

As much as I hate to say it.......Walmart. crymeariver I was nosing around looking for any interesting beads and found these, $2 for the camelian beads and $2 for the Crystal beads and $3 for the wedding rings. And if memory serves me right it was $8-9 for the other bag of 12. They are a little larger than the 6mm rings but for the money they are close enough.