PDA

View Full Version : 1-23-11 sammamish cuthroat

KOK head
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
My 11yr and 6yr old sons and I arrived at 7:15am at the boat launch. We were the 2nd boat in the water. We head up to the north side and started trolling in 70' of water. Downriggers at 15ft down and not a bite. We played with the depths for a while and the winning depth was 10ft down. My sons and I used the same set up as always; red wedding ring, brass blade, size #2 hook and a chunk of worm. The best place for producing the fish, was down by the river by the south shore line... in 70ft of water. Although, I did manage a cutthroat in the middle of the lake with a small red/black flat fish with sparkles on it. All gear was 65-100 pulls back, speed was 1.5-1.7 mph, the water temp was 44 deg. for the most part, and calm waters throughout the day. By the end of the day, we boated a total of; one 18in bow (top fish in the picture) and 6 cutthroat. We lost a few and threw a few smaller shakers back. As I report, all the fish are in brine waiting to be smoked! : )~

signfishin

101chromefish101

Bluknight
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Good on you getting out there KOK head. I appreciate the pictures as I'm fighting this crappy flu and can't get out there with this mild weather!

eenakoK
01-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Very Nice! I know this is older, but I got your text today that you did well again. Keep it up sir!