PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood 2010

BlueBack79
01-11-2011, 11:01 PM
so did anyone spend any time up at deadwood last year? looking through past threads, i didnt find much for reports. unfortunately, i didnt get a chance to get up there in 2010. we did slay them them back in 09 though. post up about your trips last summer...nothin' else to do for awhile. ha ha ha.

luckykoke
01-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I spent quite a few weeks up there working and got the lines in the water a few times. The fishing was fast as usual and the fish were around 12-14 inches. Always great up there when I've been there. Fish and Game ran their weirs again this year so should still be good. I guess they also planted some Chinook up there in 09 or 10, not sure what year, so in a couple more years there might be some hogs to hook into.
Lucky

kodiak1
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow, you're right. I just checked the F & G site to see how many they planted. Not huge numbers---about 5000 each year---but nonetheless, might make it worthwhile to beat the hell out of the boat on the road in!! I am curious to see how big they get. It would sure be nice to see them get as large as the chinook in Lake Coeur d'Alene. They are running in the teens this winter. I suppose it will get good not this summer, but next for the large ones. Thanks for the info. Mike

kodiak1
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I just revisited the fish planting site, and went back all the way, and discovered they have been planting them in there on an irregular basis. I knew they had planted Atlantic salmon in there, and if fact caught one, but didn't know---or forgot!---about the chinook. So, is there anyone out there that knows how large they have gotten in the past, and how good the fishing was. I notice they always plant about the same number of chinook. Any info would be appreciated. Mike

luckykoke
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM
How many years ago did they plant the chinook? They have been running a weir up there in the fall to capture kokanee and harvest their eggs for a number of years. If this continues, they will start to capture some of the chinook as they are running up the river. This will give them some insight as to the size they are getting.
Lucky