PDA

View Full Version : 1-2-11 samamish cutthroat

KOK head
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
My friend I were supposed to be on the lake by sunrise but that never happened. Called him at 9:30 to see if he wasn't going to be scared of the cold yet, and we arrived at the lake shortly afterward and were on the water by 11:45am. (G-man if you are reading this, we passed you just past the bouys no wake zone, you were heading in and I was heading out.) We began to head towards the west side and started trolling. One set-up at 20ft and the other at 25ft. We trolled for about 1hr. with no takers. Then... out of no where; BAM- first take down of the day, 16inch cutt for my partner. His rig was at 25ft, so down mine went. Nothing. We started heading towards the Sammamish River in 40ft of water, 17" down. We managed 5 more cutts. The biggest cutt going 18 inches on the dot. I started with the brads mini cut plug then trout color f-7 flat fish and nothing. Then switched over to a red wedding ring with brass blade and tipped with a chunk of crawl and that was the ticket. Surface temp was 44deg., calm, glass-like water; little stained and clear blue skies. The air temp was in the low 30's. It was an awesome day to be on the lake!

signfishin

101chromefish101

kokanee_slayer
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Jake,
Nice Looking Fish and Great Report!!!! I've been watching your posts and you definitely have them dialed in. worthy12

I haven't been out since about mid October and am getting Cabin Fever. I may have to find some time and make a run up north to give it a shot.

awesomereport