PDA

View Full Version : Fried Dills

SuperD
12-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I tried fried dill pickles at a restaurant for an appetizer and really loved it. So I made some today at home and loved them every bit as much.

1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup garlic & herb bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
frying oil @ 350°
Favorite dill pickles, whole or spears

Depending on pickle size, use 1/2 pickle or 1/4 spear. Dip in egg wash, roll in mixed bread crums and spices. Repeat.

Add twice coated pickles to hot oil for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Allow to cool on some paper towels for a couple minutes and serve with ranch dressing.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5189/frieddills.jpg

MMDON
12-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Looks good Dave! tooexcited

SilverBullets
12-27-2010, 05:39 PM
That recipe sounds really good Dave. Question...when you say fry in oil is that in a frying pan or a deep fryer?

SuperD
12-27-2010, 05:55 PM
That recipe sounds really good Dave. Question...when you say fry in oil is that in a frying pan or a deep fryer?
A frying pan with an inch of oil would work but I used the deep fryer. Yesterday I did wings, mozz. cheese sticks, pickles, lumpia, chicken fingers and some fish. Figured if I was goin gto heat the oil, I'd get my monies worth.

MMDON
12-27-2010, 10:31 PM
There is a place in Arco Idaho called Pickles. They've been serving sides of deep fried pickles for 40 years. Good stuff!

I hear you about the oil. Certain types of fish will ruin a whole fryer of oil, halibut, while other fish such as salmon allow you to pour off the good oil and dump the bottom residue. When I make halibut it's balls out to the fryer as the next day the oil is shot! thumbsup

Bduck
12-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I tried fried dill chips last week at the Texas Roadhouse resturant. Good stuff. worthy12 I found out that they are not as good as a left over as they are freshly fried. Thats my opinion. The coating turns soggy and the dill goes limp. laugh hyst

DLM
12-28-2010, 10:24 AM
The coating turns soggy and the dill goes limp. laugh hyst

So far I have came up with over a dozen responses to this, none of which could be or should be posted.whistlersmother