PDA

View Full Version : Nfc West

Bduck
12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
What a whacky conference the NFC west is showing. Looks like a loosing division and non of the opponents look like there going to be above .500... Although the 49ers have the better record within the division, there not going past the first round in the playoffs. How can such loosers get to the playoffs anyways. Time for a new coaching staff again. I don't like Alex Smith either. Chargers showed SF who has the better defense and QB as well. Seattle keeps playing on a roller coaster but I think might be still 2yrs out from being a true division leader. Pete Carrol is doing great up there. Arizona is hurt. Time to rebuild some more in the off season and try to get back heathly. I hate the Rams. Send them to the east coast for a slaughterfest starting with the Pats. Although SF is my team, I'm going for the Seahawks to win the division.

SuperD
12-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Roger,
I'm of the opinion that the 9ers are so badly coached that they have lost sight of the prize. I think they are just waiting for the off season now. Local sports talk shows here have Singletary being fired day 1 of the off season. I've got my fingers crossed that we can pick up Luck from Stanford in the draft.

SmokeOnTheWater
12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
The Seahawks are my team but you're right about them being playoff contenders. Someone from the NFC West will hopefully step-up and take command soon and not let their division counterparts win a playoff spot by default? C'mon Seattle!

I think the entire NFL is changing for the worse. Constant changes in the rules, super duper slow mo and entire franchises focused on one player rather than cohesive teamwork will result in reduced fan support. I am so sick and tired of the Brett Favre saga every week that I want to puke. It appears to me that a few of these "League Favorite Players" are getting preferential treatment (protection) from the officials calling the games too. 101smily101

The Patriots are playing like gangbusters and probably will be Super Bowl Champs again, and deservingly so.

Kokaholic
12-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I have to agree that the NFL is in the vortex swirling down the TOW TOW!!!

My team the steelers have just squeaked through some ball games this year with a win. There D has won them games for them. If Harrison even gets close to hitting anyone , he gets fined. Palamalu is the one of our main cogs. HE is well worth watching for his talent and wide open wildman play. He makes it happen!

I have enjoyed watching college football this year WAY more than the NFL. I know from here on out im gonna watch them play on TV rather than the so called PROS

Petty4life
12-18-2010, 07:51 PM
GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. ..

LIONS101faceslap101101faceslap101101faceslap101

Bduck
12-18-2010, 07:54 PM
The western division should just give up their only playoff spot to let another NFC opponent in another division advance. Maybe this should be a new rule, after all the NFL is always putting in new rules. Tom, your right about Brett Favre. I've had enough of the attention he's been getting. There has been kickers as old as him that has done well but never got this much attention. The true great ones know when to step down from the abuse. Favre is way past that. Records are made to be broken and someone will come along and set a new one.

SmokeOnTheWater
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
The Lombardi Trophy is what every team strives to win. Just last week on one of the pre-game shows the guys were talking about all the rule changes in the NFL. One of them made the comment that if Vince Lombardi where here today he would just call BULLSH_T on the whole mess. Making a tackle without leading with your helmet is damn near impossible for anyone who has ever played the game. There is an unconcious action that takes place in your opponent immediately before the hit usually resulting in him ducking his head. Not the defender's fault! My point is, if you make a legitimate tackle, your head leads the charge! These pro players today have lost the ability to tackle correctly. All they want to do is hit harder to jar the ball loose to create a turnover and forget to wrap up the runners legs. Hell, it's like watching a human pinball machine these days. If any of you reading this are too young to know what a pinball machine is, then you probably don't know what REAL football is either.

How about this? Instead of wearing the retro uniforms, why don't they all play by the retro rules of the game? No replay, no booth review, commentators keep their mouths shut about disputing the calls and let the boys play FOOTBALL. How is taking a snap from center and immediately throwing the ball into the turf to stop the clock not considered Intentional Grounding? There's no eligible receiver on the ground at the heels of the center.

Bduck
01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Just watch this game. Both teams are loosing teams and Seattle advances to the playoffs. There was nothing exciting about 2 teams that couldn't advance with the ball. Seattle got lucky with their opening drive and that set the game winner. Whitehurst did OK since he didn't commit any mistakes. Seattle lost 7 games out of the last 10 played. The Rams QB commited mistakes with turnovers and at times was to conservative to get the ball down the field. On 3rd & 1yrd to go, Seahawks couldn't get a 1st down. I'm glad Seattle won but either of these teams would not advance past the visiting Saints next week. This is the NFC West's finest this season. 101thumbsdown101

SmokeOnTheWater
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Just you wait and see and remember that a whole new season started at the end of the game in Seattle last night. Saints are advertising the loss of a few of their starters so the Seahogs might just be able to advance. I don't know if any of you heard the pregame comment by Al Michaels that a poll was taken of Seahawk fans and they would rather lose the game last night to gain a better draft pick. That's pretty sad when your faithful followers want you to lose.

SuperD
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
That's pretty sad when your faithful followers want you to lose.
While it was fun watching my 9ers having fun and win their last game, I went into the game with those exact feelings. They played like crap all year and then win a couple games at the end to cost yourself valuable draft picks. Easy to understand the desire to win each week but just hard to know you've watched your team step away from being better next year.

Bduck
01-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Just you wait and see and remember that a whole new season started at the end of the game in Seattle last night. Saints are advertising the loss of a few of their starters so the Seahogs might just be able to advance. I don't know if any of you heard the pregame comment by Al Michaels that a poll was taken of Seahawk fans and they would rather lose the game last night to gain a better draft pick. That's pretty sad when your faithful followers want you to lose.

Pete Carrol has done a good job with the Seahawks but I just don't see them advancing in round one. I've always liked Seattle even before they were brought in from the AFC West. I just don't see them as a Super Bowl contender this year. I would be shocked if they went all the way. I'm picking the Saints to win this weekend.

SuperD
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Roger, after the season the SF Giants pulled off, we should learn to never say never. Heck, the Saints will kill them!

sawtooth
01-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Roger, after the season the SF Giants pulled off, we should learn to never say never. Heck, the Saints will kill them!

Looks like the fishhawks came to play tonight. Too bad the Saints defense didn't. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this thing going for a few more games. Momentum, the great equalizer.

Bduck
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Hats off to the Hawks. They made a game out of this. Their offense was clicking well but the defense still let the Saints score too high. Their emotions are running high. Can they carry it over into next week?

sawtooth
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
the Hawks will definitely need to tighten up their defense to win next week. But I think the way the Saints tackled on that 60+ yard run by Lynch pretty much summed up the way this weeks game went.