PDA

View Full Version : The 'ROCK' 12-12-2010

Bduck
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
MStevens and I made a trip up the Rockport. This was his first trip to the Rock. There was a total of 3 boats on the lake and lite fishing pressure from shore anglers. A beautiful day in the 40's. Yep, still football season. Water temp was at 38F and wouldn't take much for this to cap on the next cold spell. As we we setting lines, fish starting taking our offerings from the beginning. Caught about 35 bows on the day with the largest at about 1 1/2lbs. Rapalas & Lyman lures were the trick. Wanted to play around with other lures but fishing was to good to give up on what we were using. Unfortunately we could not get the Browns to play at all. Fish were suspended mostly down 20ft or deeper. All bows released. Great day to enjoy with great company. Thanks Marlow, we have to do it again. No pics on this trip. thumbsup

kokaddict
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
What a terrific time...it was simply amazing to watch Roger doing his craft. His expertise in guiding and general fishing knowledge was simply amazing and, yeah, obviously the man knows how to catch fish....a lot of them too!

Had a simply great time and was tremendously humbled to see what REAL fisherman can do.

As for pics...I'm pretty sure I recall a camera out there at some point for one of the little 1.5 pounders! :)