PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Bduck
11-14-2010, 06:31 PM
America's trash fuel has been rising with no end in site yet. While diesel was @ 2.89 its lowest during the summer here in Utah and now up to 3.35 and still rising. While this has taken place, regular unleaded has gone the other way. There are more commercials on TV promoting autos using diesel. Sounds like the automakers have a restored/rekindled relationship with the oil companies. Its getting to where no one is gonna be able to buy groceries again let alone getting enough fuel to limp into work.

Kokaholic
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Amen Roger, I park my powestroke and not drive it anymore than I have to. Its crazy I hate it.

Bduck
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Just drove by a couple of stations this morning and diesel is up another dime. I'm parking my powerstroke.

Petty4life
11-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Just drove by a couple of stations this morning and diesel is up another dime. I'm parking my powerstroke.

i feel your pain Roger, try working on them and the customers wanting bette rfuel mileage...101horse101

SuperD
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Has anyone ever seen a Costco or Sam's that sold diesel? I've always been curious why there wasn't at least one nozzle with it. The grocery store that I shop at offers gas discounts at the store gas station if you spend $100 on groceries. Oddly enough, the price is just about that much higher than any other station around.

Bduck
11-19-2010, 10:00 PM
There is a Smith's Grocery store here in Sunset and I think North Ogden that sells diesel but to get a discount you have to buy a certain amount in the store. The one in Sunset usually stays a little cheaper than most stations around just in regular sale price. Whenever I'm out by there, I always gas up. BTW, diesel came down today .06 a gallon.

Kokaholic
11-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Here is another kicker. My 96 stroker has two tanks. If I got ofill up with both tanks on "E" I have to do it two fill ups. This is because my debit/credit card stops at 75.00 bucks. This blows! So now I make sure I fill each tank when it starts getting down. Not much end in sight to this tragedy. Just have to either park it or Pay it!!! I will pay it when I have to but its parked for the most part. I will start plugging it in when it gets colder on the night before I drive it, additive in the fuel also. Cheap insurance for a clean running and easy start up the next morning and day.101chromefish101

Bduck
11-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I hear you Mark. I have a single 40 gallon tank. If its on E, it feels like I'm breaking the bank. I try not to let it get below 1/2 if I can help it. Sometimes just towing the boat to a local watering hole makes me wander if someone has siphoned some out while I'm fishing or I have a leak. It just disappears to quickly.

Full_Monte
11-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Yup! When crude goes up, diesel prices rise quickly. When crude goes down, the prices come down VERY slowly. Also, when prices go up, more of us honest guys get our fuel siphoned by midnight visitors. I think it's really bad when prices go up when the economy is in the tank.