PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead from the bank

Kokonuts
11-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Anyone getting ready for the Winter Steelhead ? I've been fishing from the banks at the Kalama & north fork of the Lewis Rivers but its still a little early.

One thing that bothers me is a lot of people who I've talked with are saying that their cars / trucks are being broke into and things are being stolen while they are fishing. So be careful where you park when you go!!

Kokonuts

DLM
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I have been watching reports for some action up the gorge on the John Day but it sounds quiet also. I was thinking of Thankgiving weekend but not worth the trip (gas) if the fish are not there.

Bluknight
11-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm interested in trying some winter steel as well. I am assuming if folks fish the tributaries you would have a shot at fishing the mouth of the tribs where it enters the Columbia. Is that true?

I'm more of a boat fisherman these days.

By the way kokonuts - I joined the ranks of the Hewescraft owners last month. 2010 200 Searunner in the driveway just about all rigged up. I'll be looking for you at Merwin next spring!

Kokonuts
11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Thats GREAT! Hewes are really nice boats!!
Are you going out on the river this winter or going to wait untill spring? Mine is in storage for the winter, Ive got some work to do on it before spring!

Kokonuts

Winterun
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Anyone getting ready for the Winter Steelhead ? I've been fishing from the banks at the Kalama & north fork of the Lewis Rivers but its still a little early.

One thing that bothers me is a lot of people who I've talked with are saying that their cars / trucks are being broke into and things are being stolen while they are fishing. So be careful where you park when you go!!

Kokonuts

Got lucky the other day on the coast!

'Tis the season for "winter run" steelhead!

Good Luck,

Winterun

Kokonuts
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Great pictures! I'll be on the "Banks" this weekend!

Kokonuts 101chromefish101

Gene
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
i have been fishing up here on the Skykomish, these fish are picky!! went out about 4 times with no luck, everyone on bith sides of me getting there limit right on fron of my face, even pulling them out the hole right in front of me but for me no luck. seeing 10 fish cought one day about 7 or 8 the next and 4 or 5 the following day. wish i had some beginers luck

Kokonuts
01-06-2011, 01:01 AM
I am still on the banks of the Kalama and Lewis but havnt caught anything but a cold! laugh hyst

Going to try it again soon! Can anyone out there give me a few hints on how to catch them ?? worthy12

Kokonuts

SilverBullets
01-06-2011, 02:04 AM
I am still on the banks of the Kalama and Lewis but havnt caught anything but a cold! laugh hyst

Going to try it again soon! Can anyone out there give me a few hints on how to catch them ?? worthy12

Kokonuts

Those steelhead can be hard to catch. Years ago while living up in Washington I went with my dad and brother and plunked for them useing egg roe out on the Skykomish in the winter. In the summer on the Snohomish and Tolt I used to get them on a regular basis useing sandshrimp. Mepps spinners worked well also.

KOK head
01-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Awsome job winterun nice looking catch : )