PDA

View Full Version : Have Gun Will Travel

DLM
11-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Ever wish you could see those old shows you used to watch as a kid.

The other day I was channel surfing and found a channel (directtv) that ran old westerns. I checked out the schedule, set the recorder, and now every evening I get to watch Have Gun Will Travel, Cheyenne and Lawman. That's' three hours of seeing the cowboy heros of my youth and not the crap they have on now days.

Pallidan just caught an escaped killer in the mountains of Wyoming, then had to shoot him in a standoff.

Cheyenne is in the process of helping a lady saloon owner keep from getting pushed out of her place by a shiftless skunk.

Next I will find out what kind of desperado the Lawman is going to bring to justice.

Now anyone under 55 probably has not idea what I am talking about, but there is a bunch of you that do.

What was your favorite old show?

SilverBullets
11-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Here's a few I remember watching...
the lone ranger
the rifleman
rawhide
my friend flicka
the roy roger's/dale evans show
sergeant preston of the yukon
danial boone
laredo

dunnigan jim
11-10-2010, 04:53 AM
HOW ABOUT: Bonaza-Gunsmoke-F troop (comedy)-Rin Tin Tin -The Big Valley-Mavirick-Wild Bill Hickok -Texas Rangers -Wanted Dead or Alive .. I watched a lot of tv as a kid, mostly westerns..AHH THE GOOD OL DAYS

SuperD
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I liked a lot of those listed but my all time favorite was the Guns of Will Sonnet with Walter Brennan. What channel, name not number is it?

DLM
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
On directtv the all western channel is "Encore".

SuperD
11-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks, just went to my cable TV provider's site and typed in "Encore" and got the corresponding channel #. The wife always complains that there is never anything good on TV. We'll see what she thinks of old westerns. LOL!

Bduck
11-10-2010, 02:09 PM
How about favorite actors? Gene Autry, Randolph Scott, Walter Brennan, Jane Russell, Clint Walker, John Wayne,Errol Flynn,Jim Davis,Vivian Leigh, Robert Stack, there are so many I've gone brain dead trying to name them. Not only did a lot of the old timers contributed to westerns but don't forget the war effort of World War II. I watch the encore westerns channel all of the time. AMC channel use to show a lot of these as well as other older movies. FMC & TMC are also good channels for old movies. I tend to shy away from Showtime, HBO or any other modern movie channels.

trollmonkey
11-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I hear you guys,man those were good old days .Three channels,not much on but some really good shows in what you got.It was easy to figure who was good and who was bad and the bad guys paid in the end.TBS used to have the BIG SHOTS movies on saturday night ,lots of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood (when he was still Eastwood) films. When the kids were little we watched lots of the good old stuff on saturday night.movie89586

dunnigan jim
11-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Remember: Tim Holt and his sidekick Poncho( he was the funny one- many different nationalities)