PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lures

KokaneeReaper77
06-05-2008, 01:24 AM
We don't have to give out any seacreats just your old faithfull:)
Mine is the hoochie so far it has proven to be the best performer I have it works almost all the time for me not always the most preductive but i can count on it to fool at least one dummy a day

KokaneeReaper77
06-05-2008, 01:48 AM
here is some lures I think look great I havent tried any of them! so don't misunderstand me but they definitly look perfect for kokes

Trophy Taker
06-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Hoochies and blades are definetly my most productive combination. I good friend of mine picked up some hoochies from Crystal Basin tackle this year that have a bill on them. He runs em raw (no blade) and swears they are fantastic. In Alaska most of commercial "Trollers" use hoochies exclusively.

Petty4life
06-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I'd have to say my all time favorite is the chart/lime apex

KokaneeReaper77
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
OK petty how the heck do you fish those apex's:confused: I love the look of them and I have tried my guts out trying to fish them and I have only turned out one rainbow on them:mad: It drives me nuts beacause they look perfect for kokes and I know I am fishing it the wrong way it has to be something I am screwing up

Petty4life
06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Apex is the first lure i ever trolled with. i just tied it on and drug it around for years and was able to catch fish i dont think there is a big secret to fishing them, i havent even used them in a couple years ny tackle box just has to many lures no and they just kind of hang out at the bottom

TheFireman
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
My favorite is what ever is catching fish that day. It is so hard to pick just one, so I won't. Early in the season I do great with apexes, then it seems I go more to hootchies and spoons. It's funny though how you can go out one day and knock the crap out of them with one bait and the next day you can't catch nothing with it. That's my excuse anyway when I tell the wife I need more fishing stuff.

Kokehead
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Mine would have to be RMT pink silver 50/50 with a uv pink haze squid.

Propnut69
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't have a favorite lure either. I use certain lures in the mornings,then will switch to different things(unless I'm catching fish) as the day progress.For me a lot depends on time of day.water depth,speed,cloud cover,fishing pressure from other fisherman,and where I'm at on any one body of water. When I'm fishing the gorge,what I use will be different compared to when I'm fishing fontenelle. Instead of having favorite lure types,I have favorite lure colors that I use, and again this with depend on time of year,and where I'm fishing.